Hello guys. These days I've always heard of issues from my clients, things like "hydraulic hammers damaged by overflow of excavators", or "Why is my hammering so week?" It made me feel necessary to write an article, a collection of factors that could clarify most issues about a hammer. It consists of five chapters, including "definition, structure, working principles, tips to select a hydraulic hammer and FAQs & trouble shooting guide." I hope to share with you guys here who are quite experienced players, hoping it could be a good reference for both beginners and professionals. The article link is here. https://sjheavy.com/what-is-hydraulic-breaker-hammer/ leave your comments to complete this buying guide.
The article is very informative and I recommend it to others who are thinking of using hammers.
Common reasons for piston damage: 1) Storing point high so rain water travels up bit, and collects at piston. We store nearly horizontal, but always point low. 2) Greasing tool without the carrier weight keeping tool retracted. Grease accumulates between tool and piston, and, upon operation, grease is hydraulically injected upward into piston seals.
I've always been told the hammer should be stored vertical. I know I see plenty just laying on the ground but the people who use them all the time have stands they put them in.
thanks John. Hope it helps.
very nice points! Only experienced players know it. Do you mind if I add them to the guide?
maybe consider adding section on checking and adjusting nitrogen pressure?
Good point! In fact I was considering adding video guides about daily maintenance and repairing to make it more vivid, and nitrogen check is certainly part of it. thanks for your supplement oceanobob!
I've added several videos to the article. Here is a step-by-step guide to nitrogen check. Also a guide to nitrogen charging. Leave your comments on it.
Thank you all for passing on the knowledge