Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The Unstoppable L10

mitch504 ยท 2018-03-12 18:49

Not really asking for help in this thread, but this was weird and I am wondering if any of you ever saw it before. 1987 IH 2375 with an LTA10 Cummins, (PT pump), I turned the key off and it didn't stop. I had run into this before and it was an always an electrical issue, most notably when I bought a truck with a bunch of lights added on. I think it was this same truck, I drove it about a year before I shut off with the lights switched on. The engine wouldn't stop until I turned the lights off, but I soon found and cut the jumper wire they had run so the decorations would come on with the key. (oops, hijacked my own thread ) Anyway, truck running normally, I cut it off for about an hour in customer's parking lot, started it back up, drove an hour, and it wouldn't shut off. I checked all the electrical sources I could think of, finally, (it was 6 pm on Friday and I was ready to go home), I cut the wire at the injector pump. You guessed it, no change! The bypass screw on the fuel solenoid was screwed in! Now, how the heck!?

Replies0

No replies yet.