I finally recieved my new infrared camera I bought it because I thought it would be handy in the shop and wow was I right! Chasing hydraulic hoses, looking for cooler blockage, even tracing wires and looking for overloaded circuits at a glance. Does anyone else use a thermal camera? If so I would like to know what you use it for . Also I would post pics up here but I can't figure out how to get them from a sd card to an iPad to HEF.....any thoughts ? Pj
Just post a link to where you bought it along with a model number. Had one years ago when they were kind of ancient compared to modern day ones. It wasn't very handy and a little tricky to use.
Depending on how fancy you want to get, most makers offer training on how to "tune" the cameras to account for various conditions such as reflection off a window or a sun exposed surface vs not etc. I have only seen a couple demo's from an owner in the remediation business as water damage is a different temp. He could count the studs behind the drywall and then the screws holding the drywall on. The local PD contacted him for a fugitive in the woods kinda deal once. Walked the officers right to the perp. Marvelous machines. I want one.
use it to find bearing overheating without touchin it water leaks behind walls, under the floor. also can find u joints that are going bad. basically anthing with a temp differance can b found with it
You can use the Camera Connection Kit (CCK) to get the pictures from the sd to the iPad. It's available at Walmart amongst other places, about $30.
Something a bit cheaper but just as good as the infrared camera is an infrared thermometer which is way cheaper!
I use mine for spotting hogs.
Yea, they're good for that. Back in the early nineties I fabricated parts of the fiberglass housings for the FLIR (forward looking infrared) pods they hang from the bottom of helicopters. One of the tricks the pilots would use is to spot the perp using the FLIR camera and then take their high powered spot lights and shine them several houses/buildings away to fool the perp into thinking they outsmarted the cops. As soon as the perp would make a break for it they'd relocate the flood lamp onto the idiot and the cops who were already in on the ploy and stationed to nab the perp would grab them as they ran into the trap. I wish they had those cameras when I was young and single. Would have been a great way to spot the girls who were already 'in the mood'...
Hey "spotting girls in the mood" sounds like a good idea. FLIR should consider it as a marketing ploy! I bet the femonazi's would have a day with that.