Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

These are the guys I want to get truck parts from

crane operator ยท 2018-08-01 21:16

Too bad they retired and sold out. Purplewave today sold these two homemade forklifts and two homemade material handlers. These things are a dream, and actually brought more money than I thought they would. The company was G & R Truck parts in wichita KS. Necessity is the mother of invention. Can't afford a forklift - just build your own. This is america at its finest- no fine tuned german engineering here- just someone with access to a junkyard and time

Replies6
  1. #1crane operator2018-08-01 21:17
  2. #2crane operator2018-08-01 21:18

    More great pictures https://www.purplewave.com/search/*...erAlt=440f7947afdad679468298507f98ecc0&page=1

  3. #3kenh2018-08-02 00:24

    They look rather robust, something that can be handed down from generation to generation for a few centuries!

  4. #4Birken Vogt2018-08-02 00:40

    There are some machines like that on the farm I grew up on. If any part ever breaks they cut it out and weld it back with new material twice as thick as it was before.

  5. #5kshansen2018-08-02 07:46

    Reminds me of the TV series "Junkyard Wars" !

  6. #6Muffler Bearing2018-08-02 09:13

    those are great! I like the manifold to muffler exhaust