Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Think I’m going to have to get one of theses…

RobVG ยท 2014-08-01 00:27

Figured there must be a better way. Just looking at that U joint makes me cringe. [video=youtube;NUA3MFRB9UU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUA3MFRB9UU[/video]

Replies9
  1. #1ANDREW C2014-08-01 02:20

    Ive used these and if you have to do u joints they are the best option. Certianally better than the hammer method.

  2. #2lantraxco2014-08-01 03:41

    I think I'm in love.....

  3. #3caterpillarmech2014-08-01 05:15

    That is pretty sweet. Much better than a hammer!

  4. #4Bluox2014-08-01 09:45

    And for only 400 bucks you can have one. Bob

  5. #5Greatwestcam2014-08-01 10:13

    Bought one 15 years ago, is a real time saver for sure, and for $225 versus $350 from the snap-on truck.

  6. #6Mike L2014-08-01 15:28

    I got one. Works good. I found that it rarely takes out a u-joint without whacking the opposite side with a hammer. That and after a bunch of stuck u-joints that the threads will start to strip. Luckily it has a lifetime warrantee.

  7. #7RobVG2014-08-01 23:14

    Way ta rain on the parade Mike.

  8. #8Mike L2014-08-02 15:50

    Sorry rob, just trying to give you the low down on it. It does work way better than just a hammer but I'm on my 2nd tool and that ones about wore out but I don't regret spending the money!

  9. #9stumpjumper832014-08-02 18:43

    Looks neat. I've always just got the torch and cut them in half. Usually the heat makes it so the remaining parts just tap out with hammer. This might be a nicer option than the sparkle wrench though.