Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thinking of modifing a pull behind compactor to attached it to a wheel loaders arms

lake side bob ยท 2011-12-24 16:51

I have a pull behind Dynapac CK11 compactor, 3100 pounds, 55 inch wide drum, in excellent condition. I want to modify it so I can use it with a compact loader. Basicly what I am thinking of is cutting off the tow gehind hitch and welding on a skid steer universal mounting frame. Might add on a swivel pin between the compactor frame and sid steer mounting plate, ofr oscillatio nover uneven ground surface. Compact loader is aWaldon 5100, weights 7,100 pounds. Static tip load straight is 4,100 pounds and at full turn its 3,500 pounds. Maxium drawbar pull is 3,500 pounds. SAE bucket operating capacity is 1,700 pounds but I have a 3/4 cubic yard bucket on it and it handles it just find. Tires are 10x16.5 skid steer. I have installed locking differentials in both axles, what a difference in performace that made. What do you think is it feasible? Any comments? Any suggestions?

Replies0

No replies yet.