First of all, I wanted to use a Magnatrac MH8000. I think it would give me certain advantages in my area considering nobody here really owns enough land to warrant a full sized dozer. In Florida, am I going to need a contractor license to grade? I really wanted to figure this out through google, but the government websites just confuse the hell out of me. But my basic question is, I get a Magnatrac MH8000 and I specialize in smaller grading jobs. Do I have a business at this point?
I live in florida and honestly maybe where i live is different but I have never needed any dozer smaller than a d3 for any grading jobs even when I do has four small single family homes in Coral Gables I think you are better off with a skid steer to me it would be more versatile a little easier to repair when when things go wrong and be a piece of equipment that most people can relate to and understand what you are talking about when you try to advertise what you are doing
Makes sense. I just thought having an actual bulldozer would give me an edge. In my area of Florida, you might have a hard time trying to drive a d3 into the yard in the first place. I could see doing it with a skid steer, just from a business perspective I'd rather stand out from the crowd. I figured if I was focusing on only grading, having an actual dozer might be better, correct me if I'm wrong.
That machine looks like a toy.:tong It's what you'd expect someone to buy for their early retirement hobby farm. You'll lose your shirt if you buy that thing with the intention of making money. My advice is go work for a company that does grading and learn what the trade is all about. When you know the ins and outs of the business, you'll know what you want to invest in.
Fair enough. 2/2 agree, skid steers are better.
Just stopped by to agree with joispoi. Oh boy I couldn't recommend that machine to my worst enemy. If I had to start a small grading business around a skid loader, I would have one of these
If you want to grade (as opposed to bulldozer work) you might look at one of these: http://www.laser-grader.com/ Rick