It had the V2203 Kubota diesel already installed. Runs and sounds great, nice clean machine. My question to any of you who already own one of these Is, do these skid steer's have a "float" for the front bucket? The owner told me "No". Just curious as to why. Also, anything I should check beforehand. Thank's for any info.
No float and i guess the reason is your looking at it right there , easy to see and correct or adjust as needed . Hope it has wrist controls and not pedals .
No pedal's, what do you mean, easy to correct or adjust?
With the bucket edge so easy to see it just takes a slight wrist movement to correct or adjust bucket
I wish some one would inform me why sometime what i type comes out bold
I purchased an 1835c about 6 months ago, however my machine has a tmd20 gas engine engine and it's a total whimp. The machine is very good in my opinion for what it is, and what it was designed to do. The machine is very simple and easy to work on. I suppose what you plan on using it for is what will determine if the machine is right for you. For general medium to light duty work like pushing snow or moving dirt, it's a great machine. However more demanding tasks like clearing wooded areas or pulling stumps the machine falls kind of flat. I've been using mine to clear a property I just bought and it's barely up to the task. Only has 3000lbs break out force and a 1200 operating capacity. If the machine you are looking at has aux hydraulics, they will not run a brush cutter, snow plow, etc.. with any efficiency. It's a very light machine as well so even things like knocking down trees the machine struggles to do. All in all it is good machine. I personally wish I would have gotten something bigger with more capability but I did not know exactly what my needs were when I won the machine at auction, as I had not taken possession of the property yet
No float for the bucket, but the boom has the float control. A lot of them get gummed up and don't go into float, an easy fix.
Thank's for that, Tom.
I have a 1830 it has been great i wonder is the 1835 a total different machine or is it just the engine.
The 1835C, the 1838 and the 1840 are about the same machine. They have different engines. I would think the 1830 is a lot closer to the 1825 machine.
Tom, are you sure this 1835C has a float? It seem's the bucket might have one but I'm not to sure about the boom itself. I sure wish someone could confirm this, I'm sorta lost without that float function. I know I can manually set the bucket, but I'd like to "confirm' is if it has a float function. This is an all new ( used ) machine to me.
The boom has a float function, the bucket does not. Left stick all the way to the right to get into float position.
Joe, on my machine, the left stick controls the bucket and the right one controls the boom. Maybe someone changed the hose's, could that be?
Either way, the loader valve should have the same 4 position spool valve for the boom control. Up, neutral, down, and float.
Here is a picture of the detent located on the rear side of your control valve. Two plugs, two springs etc. Could someone have switched the boom and bucket hoses so they could have a float on the bucket??? I have never heard of the boom control on the right joystick.
Yes Tom, it's funny but...the left side does control the bucket ( inwards brings bucket down). It does have a detent (float) on the left side but doesn't work on the bucket, the machine will lift. The right side controls the loader, no float or derent, pushing arm inwards brings loader down. So I do think someone played with the hose's. I'll have to dig into it today. Thanks for the diag. Where would this control valve be located?
I know on 1845c they used different control valves over the years. On some of them, the valves were reversed. It's possible someone has replaced the valve or the rods from the levers to the valves in the past. If you don't use the right rods with the right valve, it would reverse the function of the levers.
The control valve is on the right hand side of the machine. Remove the seat and you will see the control rods and the valve. You may have to roll the cab forward to get to everything.
Ok, thank's guy's.