Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

This could be the start of another epic dozer thread

Zewnten · 2023-12-20 07:15

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/threads/potential-vintage-cat-d7-dozer-rescue-have-i-lost-my-freaking-mind.526172/ Guy is talking about buying a D7 that’s sat for 10 years. Owner died and son is selling it. The guy wanting to buy it lives in a HOA subdivision and his mechanical experience was having trouble with turning an OBS Ford from 2wd to 4wd with an kit and offered to physically fight anyone who disagreed with him.

Replies40
  1. #1Vetech632023-12-20 08:24

    Whatever you have to do...whatever it may take......whatever sacrifices you have to perform..... GET THAT GUY OVER HERE!

  2. #2cfherrman2023-12-20 08:47

    Lol

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-12-20 17:13

    Could be great entertainment for the winter when it's too cold for a lot of dirt work. Give some notice so we can stock up on the popcorn.

  4. #4OzDozer2023-12-20 19:23

    Can't see the story, you have to be registered and logged in to the Garage Journal forum to read it. He's no orphan, though, plenty of people have bitten off more than they can chew - including many HEF contributors! Offering to physically fight people who disagree with you is a good way to make life even harder for yourself. It shows an unwillingness to listen and take on board ideas that may save him a lot of money and effort in the long run.

  5. #5Zewnten2023-12-20 19:28

    I was thinking we all hop over there and encourage him and then refer him here with questions? Or would that be to self serving?

  6. #6ahart2023-12-20 19:31

    I’m ready, we’re getting ready for Christmas shut down and I should have some spare time. No one here has physically requested to fight me but it would be an interesting proposition.

  7. #7Newibiner2023-12-20 21:48

    He has a thread here also. HeavyEquipmentForums

  8. #8ahart2023-12-21 04:24

    Based off the YouTube channel, looks to be doing it for the subscribers, likely in an effort to be monetized. It’s the real in-thing to do nowadays though I think there are plenty of things to do that hold real value in society but subscribers and views aren’t what make me happy so I’m probably not the best judge of that endeavor.

  9. #9crane operator2023-12-21 09:33

    I'm with you ahart, I've got little time for people doing dumbass stuff just for youtube views/clicks.

  10. #10Vetech632023-12-21 09:43

    If he isn’t over here soon, I’ll be dancing for you guys here……trust me, it’s ugly

  11. #11skyking12023-12-21 09:52

    he is here and in mad love with that steaming pile of money pit.

  12. #12Truck Shop2023-12-21 09:54

    To show that your with ahart--you have to click the like button.

  13. #13ahart2023-12-21 10:03

    It’s required even though I didn’t end it with “hit that like and subscribe button”

  14. #14JaredV2023-12-21 11:21

    Everyone has their motivations for saving old iron. Some, it's what Dad or Grandpa started the family business with. Some, they're looking for a challenge. Others just like old iron. And still others are doing it for YouTube content and the tougher the job, the more content they can make. If someone wants to revive something I'm interested in and wants me to come along for the ride via a screen, I'm all for it if it means keeping it away from the scrappers a little longer so there's more of it around in the future for me to mess with. If millions of people will watch other people filming themselves playing video games, reviving a worn out cat is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

  15. #15CM19952023-12-21 19:11

    No you won't. Well not for long anyways.

  16. #16Vetech632023-12-21 19:21

    I think I just got called FAT.

  17. #17Zewnten2023-12-21 19:23

    Must be why he started the thread on the other forum. Drum up the views for $$$.

  18. #18CM19952023-12-21 19:32

    And UGLY

  19. #19OzDozer2023-12-21 19:40

    The thing about YooToob is you only get paid something if your video viewer clicks on a YooToob ad. And that "something" isn't exactly a fortune, it's like $50 for 10K views. Now, only a weird bunch of silly old galoots who would rather look at a calendar with tractors on it, instead of naked girls on it, watches tractor "save" videos. So he's going to be working hard to make his first million out of YooToob with "tractor save" videos. If you want to make a million out of YooToob, you're better off producing videos of the other kind of cats, the fur-covered ones.

  20. #20Acoals2023-12-21 20:25

    The problem with Youtube mechanics, tractor rescuer's, and other assorted internet experts: If you want to make it on Youtube, you need lots of views, subscribers and clicks. The way you get that is not by being a good mechanic. The way you make it on Youtube is the same way anybody has made it on TV for the last 80 years or whatever it's been; by being a good actor, or having a good on screen personality.

  21. #21skyking12023-12-21 21:46

    it sure does not involve getting things done. I take pictures of work because folks like to see some of it, but when the stuff gets real there are no pictures taken. No time for that.

  22. #22Old Growth2023-12-22 04:08

    Youtube creator guide, Restore an old axe. How to sharpen your chainsaw. How to make your diesel truck stink/smoke. How to hook up solar panels. How to make slabs with a chainsaw. How to make a sawmill with old car wheels/tires. How to make tables with resin and slabs from above chainsaw vid. How to build a pole barn. How to live in a container house next to ^ pole barn. How to fall a tree. How to restore/season your cast iron pan. How to tiny home build. At least a half dozen "will it start after 20 years" vids. Then start documenting "barn finds". Then the "save a relic heavy equipment" vids begin. All this while progressively growing a stinky, wiry beard that birds could nest in. If your still just not getting the views, likes and folks !!!SMASHING!!! that subscribe button,,, Well, then just grow some killer boobs, travel the country and live in a van all while documenting it the whole time while wearing a bikini and you will surely get millions of views.

  23. #23John Shipp2023-12-22 08:10

    Have you got a link for the last one, old growth?

  24. #24Oxbow2023-12-22 08:13

    Lol!

  25. #25Oxbow2023-12-22 08:15

    I think @OzDozer ought to hit him up for a portion of his Youtube profit. He spouted off information that Oz provided him in the other thread like he had known it all his life.

  26. #26Vetech632023-12-22 08:24

    LOL! I love you guys!

  27. #27Truck Shop2023-12-22 08:59

    Original thought--not much of that. People don't read much anymore, it's all about quoting authority, even that is subject to heavy discussion. In this day and age authority means nothing in many cases and what is known by one has to be the same for all. Hand someone a adjustable end wrench and 80% will use it as a hammer or some will use it as a micrometer and swear it's accurate-that's been going on long since youtube came along, youtube just showed other ways of use to millions about a wrench that is a pos to begin with and millions will say it's great. The only fact-if it won't sell, throw some sex at it.

  28. #28OzDozer2023-12-22 09:16

    Oxbow, just as long as he gets the correct information out there, I don't mind. It's not like the information I provided to him was a totally original creation of mine. I do get annoyed at people spouting incorrect information, of which there is plenty on the Internet. Good luck to him if he can make a dollar or two with his YooToob creation - but I'll wager Google/Alphabet/YooToob will make a $1000 for every $1 he makes out of his effort. Long ago I started getting emails from Google urging me to put up reviews - which I did enthusiastically, gaining some kind of "Google Reviewer status", and a level of Google Points, which are supposed to make me feel good, and earn more rewards for me. But it was when Google sent me a pair of 50c Chinese socks for a "Reviewer reward" after considerable effort, that I only then realised that serfdom is alive and well in the 21st Century. Now about that gorgeous curvy thing in a motorhome and permanent bikini, can you provide us with more information....?

  29. #29Oxbow2023-12-22 10:48

    I have had the privelidge to operate many older tractors including 2U, 3T, 17A, 19A, 46A, 92V (I think - D7G), and many newer tractors as well. I did not do a lot of work on them, but I am impressed by your knowledge and experience of the different tractors, which far exceeds my own. As to the curvy bikini-clad traveler that wasn't me, but for purely educational reasons I look forward to the link as well!

  30. #30TomA2023-12-22 11:52

    Squatch 253 has quit his mechanic job and is making tractor restoration videos full time with 60,000 subscribers, seems like he deserves more. His work is excellent. LAOL has lots of subs from restoring one old D4. Joey Barnes, King of Obsolete, is able to fund his retirement with only 7000 plus subs and publish a daily video about life in the great white north. A learning channel with a lot of Cat content. Also his books are selling like hotcakes on Amazon. Andrew Camarata has millions of subs and is able to buy a lot of old equipment. I am glad these people are able to make it and I enjoy their videos.

  31. #31Old Growth2023-12-22 12:44

    Here ya go you hungry crocks!

  32. #32John Shipp2023-12-22 12:56

    Now we're talking

  33. #33Old Growth2023-12-22 12:58

    Orange is my color of choice for hot springs.

  34. #34Old Growth2023-12-22 13:23

    Maybe you need to see the Doc?

  35. #35cfherrman2023-12-22 14:22

    Need to see this for reviewing sake lol

  36. #36Welder Dave2023-12-22 15:54

    Apparently Lance aka chucky2009 made over $100,000 , maybe over $200,000 off his video's. Enough to buy his house, shop and farm/acreage. A majority of his video's are basically him doing his best at being a mad scientist. He doesn't have the technical expertise or experience to even know if he's doing things the right way or not. It doesn't seem to matter to his subscribers. They just eat it all up. Several manufacturers gave him free machines and tools to give reviews on. Some are worth thousands. He's never worked as a welder. The most he ever did was take a course at the Hobart welding school and people seem to take what he says as the gospel. He was upset because you tube changed the rules and it was harder to make money off of video's. Can't blame him for that, he made/makes a lot more off his video's than he ever could working for a living. It all started when he wanted to restore a Farmall B tractor that he gave up on in the end. Unbelievable how much he made without ever having to work for a living. His anti-semetic rants a few years ago were really disturbing though.

  37. #37Tyler d4c2023-12-22 16:48

    I thought this was about a dozer not great personallys

  38. #38Truck Shop2023-12-22 16:55

    Main thing for me on youtube classic music videos, the rest I could care less it's on the same scale as talk radio shows----better things to watch & listen to.

  39. #39chidog2023-12-22 23:07

    Maybe someone needs to set this guy up with a D7 that is worth the effort. Like a D7G or even an F.

  40. #40skyking12023-12-22 23:14

    you make me feel old now. I remember running a G when it seemed pretty fresh.