Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

This is the track hoe that I want!

Jim D ยท 2015-11-30 21:21

A thread about 988 cargo can handlers linked to Military-Today. I browsed there and found this; http://www.military-today.com/engineering/kodiak.htm

Replies14
  1. #1mitch5042015-11-30 21:41

    That would be nice when the tree huggers showed up wouldn't it?

  2. #2maddog2015-12-01 07:10

    Make a neat toy, but in the real work force it'd be about useless.

  3. #3DDoug2015-12-01 08:12

    I agree 100% If they would have mounted the excavator arm on the gun turret, that might make it better. Still cumbersome though.

  4. #4mudober2015-12-01 08:44

    You could make a road thru the woods with that in a hurry tho. I like that guarding on the cylinders, seen a time or too I wished I had that. Never seen anything like it thanks for sharing.

  5. #5Graham12015-12-01 12:24

    Saw them testing a similar one which had just been in the workshops for some engine work. They spent the best part of an hour running flat out on some disused runway. Sounded fantastic and pretty quick too. I would guess about 50mph. Wouldn't fancy trying to get any digging done with it though. Especially under fire!. Graham

  6. #6Jim D2015-12-01 21:35

    Yes. Perfect for California...

  7. #7simonsrplant2015-12-02 22:05

    Can imagine it being terribly unstable when stretching or working out to the side...?

  8. #8Jim D2015-12-02 22:09

    There's a bit of weight in the armor, I think...

  9. #9Jim D2015-12-02 22:46

    digger doug, something like this?

  10. #10OMF2015-12-03 00:24

    AAAHHHH....it's no good, it doesn't have a cannon on it. 'Sposed to have a cannon on it to blow the trees out-the way...

  11. #11DDoug2015-12-03 12:16

    Yes, that looks a bit handy-er I see the front blade looks to be down (for stabilizing, but it has rippers on the bottom ?) Looks like the whole rig is for mine abatement ?

  12. #12Buckethead2015-12-03 12:50

    Looks like a root rake for land clearing.

  13. #13hetkind2015-12-03 13:20

    That is a specialized piece of equipment...the blade is for mine clearing and filling ditches, the arm is for mine removal and clearing of barricades. It belongs not to armor but to the combat engineers. The job is to the clear the way for tanks. There is also a convenient back hatch to climb out of and place demolition charges, or what is commonly called military dynamite. Years ago, I was part of the buying agency for that equipment for the Army Transportation group, the responsibility has since passed for the good folks at Ft. Belvior. Howard

  14. #14alaskaforby42015-12-13 13:17

    It would be nice to have a front end loader to go with it (sold for only 6k EUR)