I was poking around and found this and had to share. Interesting job for someone, but mad skill in the need for the dig. I think we could all respect the build from the things we have to come up with from time. The first link shows more of the project and the second shows more of the extracation/excavation. http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/articles/Home-DIYer-TIG-welds-Lamborghini-Countach-in-basement http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mborghini-cellar--needs-digger-drive-out.html
That was an interesting article, that guy had a lot of patience. I heard of a guy years ago building an aluminum sailboat in his basement and also having to have the basement wall dug out and removed to get the boat out. Where I worked before our plant was shut down I used a syncrowave 350, that is one nice machine. Its a AC/DC stick machine with high frequency for the TIG welding. Where this guy used an arc balance of 1.5 on his aluminum I used an arc balance of 10 or max on my aluminum. By using max you are putting the heat into the base metal and not your tungsten. I remember a couple of times I was at 350 amps and my 5/32 tungsten was quivering. Once I figured out what the arc balance was for I solved that problem. I did not know it would decrease the the line current draw of the machine.
I can only come up with "Wow!!"
Yup WOW x2 muzy