First time poster looking to purchase used mini ex. Looking at 3.5 tons with zero tail. Came across a good deal on an e35 and was wondering what people thought of them compared to a kubota u35 and tak tb138fr.I dont have a takeuchi dealer near me but do have a bobcat,kubota, komatsu and cat. I have used the search button but not seeing any reviews or thoughts on them. So thats why i am kind of staying away from the tak. But ant thoughts would be greatly appreciated before i drop some money. Was also looking at full cab on these. thanks matt
I guess this is not a good sign. I can't believe nobody owns one or has any info about them. Matt.
At the end if the day it all comes down to back up service from your local dealer. One small point, both the Kubota and bobcat run a Kubota engine. So if you were to get engine parts through a bobcat dealer, you will be paying more than just through a Kubota dealer. Only a small point. Both gave nicely set out cabs, small excavators have come along way in the last few years.
The Tak TB138 is a newer size. The TB53FR and the newer TB153FR have been in North America longer and most seem to buy this size of machine at least in the TB series. I have never run the 138 but I really like the 153. The cabs are low tech but comfortable enough. I would demo a conventional swing boom mini ex and then run the 138. You will notice that the Tak will load trucks much easier, more lifting capacity because the hinge point of the machine is closer to the center of the machine, instead of out front of the machine like a typical swing boom. Also it is more effective at offset digging. The machine does not pull itself around in hard ground conditions like a swing boom does when offset. Lastly the 138 is capable of near zero tail (like most minis) but also zero swing. You can turn it 360 and only have a couple inches of overhang. The lack of a dealer would not kill the deal for me. The machines are really dependable. I have had three of them, and have had very few problems.
Thanks for the info in the tak. Might have found a 138fr. So u have had good luck with all your taks. How are parts for them. Expensive or hard to get? Matt