Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thoughts on Cat 303.5C 2005 low hours

StevieV ยท 2023-01-20 13:10

Team, Was wondering if there is a book value on this clean machine? It is a 2005 303.5C Machine with Low hours, Clean, New Tracks, 18" bucket/thumb included, Pins replaced in bucket and stick within 12 months, Aux. quick disconnects, Heat/ A/C, Lights all working. 3k hours! Thoughts super appreciated

Replies9
  1. #1f311fr12023-01-22 13:51

    I would think in mid 40's to mid 50's

  2. #2StevieV2023-01-22 15:26

    Thank you

  3. #3CM19952023-01-22 15:52

    Quick search on MT for 303.5C's turns up the following: Average retail price without high and low - $42,067 (5 units) Average auction price without high and low - $21,271 (22 units) Average those two numbers together - $31,669. I use this info from MT in order to get an idea of what my iron is worth and what a piece of iron I am looking at is worth. Pics?

  4. #4StevieV2023-01-23 10:10

    Paying 34k but seller kept it immaculate. He bought identical brand new one for his business 75k. We learned from his mechanic (brother-in-law friend) who maintained it said he serviced Everything on it and the owner paid $$ for everything to be running perfectly at all times. Just wondered if any of you have your opinions how the machine on a scale of 1 to 10 or if you are not impressed

  5. #5CM19952023-01-23 10:13

    Looks like you are getting a good machine at a fair price. Don't have much time on C series mini's or 303.5's but I really like our 305E. We use it more than I thought we would. Went with a 305 because a 303.5 is just a little small for what we do.

  6. #6StevieV2023-01-23 11:58

    Th Thank you! I think this machine is good for me as I want to be able to trailer it without a CDL license. The owner said it is just under 10k pounds so all his guys who used it could trailer without a CDL. Also they said parts are easily available. Even tough one in 24 hours with CAT. I was going to buy a 803 JCB and but parts and not enough information on them online. You know where I could get manuals for the CAT 303.5C. Thank you

  7. #7CM19952023-01-23 12:08

    https://catpublications.com/en-US/Search?category=Equipment# Plug in your serial # and it should show O&M and Parts manuals.

  8. #8StevieV2023-01-23 12:43

    Does anyone have pdf type Manuals for the CAT 303.5C?

  9. #9CM19952023-01-23 18:37

    Yep - go here.