Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thoughts on this truck

PSDF350 ยท 2009-01-22 08:31

They have 2. In email says will take 1,000 off price. But i'm sure if I went down and talked to them could get for 20k. The other one has 27k miles and differant hoist. I was there other day and took other one for quick ride around the yard. Was about 10 degrees out and fired right up and ran well, no leaks or anything I could see. http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/...6&dlr=1&guid=DF7737A99E654C3C84F7F6CEAFEC60DB

Replies8
  1. #1Red Bank2009-01-22 16:46

    Which diesel engine is in it? Which transmission? From the pictures it looks nice, as for the price, I am not familiar with single axle prices.

  2. #2capt_met2009-01-22 16:53

    i've seen a bunch of them with the 5.9 cummins.

  3. #3PSDF3502009-01-22 16:59

    Cat don't know model. 6 speed tranny.

  4. #4CM19952009-01-22 17:29

    Being an '02 it is probably a 3126.

  5. #5PSDF3502009-01-22 18:16

    I think thats what one said but when I was wiping it trying to clean it so i could read it better well it wasn't stamped and just kinda went away:beatsme

  6. #630 dirty years2009-01-22 18:25

    It looks like a good used truck and a CAT motor is a nice plus . It is 7 years old, I would offer him 15k for it.

  7. #7qball2009-01-22 18:53

    it was in a rental fleet. might be pretty well beaten.

  8. #8Bully2009-01-23 05:10

    Looks pretty nice, good price for the miles, but I would have some reservation about buying a Ford 650. Reason being is when we had our 06's at the mill, they spent more time with them in the shop than out at the jobsite. Lots of little electrical problems, wipers, lights, dash lights,ignitions, starters, transmission electronics. Little things like that may be more of a headache to you than it was to a multi-million dollar outfit like the one I worked for, and may be they same story for United, as the machine may be unreliable, and they are losing money when they rent it. On a positive note, they were built tough in the rear springs and rode great with a load on the bed. Pretty stiff suspension and a ton of room in the front seat. We could fit 3 good sized operators in there without touching shoulders, and plenty of leg room, plus hardhats and lunchboxes. The engine never missed a lick either, ran like a top when all the electrical was cooperating. Not a Ford guy myself, but run it around and have a mechanic check the electric, maybe you got a good deal there.:beatsme