Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Threads to be published In “Construction Equipment”

Steve Frazier ยท 2006-08-08 23:04

Well Members, you've done it! You've attracted the attention of the publisher of "Construction Equipment" and he likes what he sees. He's asked to publish some of our threads in "CE" for his readers to see and I've obliged. The threads will be edited but he feels his readers will be interested to see varying opinions on different topics. This is a win/win, "CE's" readers get interesting feedback and we attract the attention of their readers, hopefully enticing them to join us. The first issue should be October. So stay at it guys, and many thanks!! Also special thanks to CE Writer for inviting his boss to look us over!!

Replies37
  1. #1cat3202006-08-08 23:13

    Well that sounds great I bet it will really start to hop in here when the first one gets published.:thumbsup

  2. #2Dozerboy2006-08-09 01:03

    Cool:bouncegri

  3. #3Squizzy246B2006-08-09 06:40

    Excellent...So people reading CE can view Squizzy's highly interesting holiday pics:bouncegri ....and review Jeff D's music preferences

  4. #4lamarbur2006-08-09 07:40

    This site was listed last year on CE's web page of the month or whatever they call it,., Good for you Steve.,..

  5. #5Steve Frazier2006-08-09 08:27

    That listing was in "Compact Equipment" magazine. It helped us out a lot in attracting new members. "Construction Equipment" should have a wider variety of readers from all parts of the construction industry, it can't but help bring us new members. Sqizzy, you're theatrics make this forum very interesting at times, lol!

  6. #6digger242j2006-08-09 12:57

    I nominate "Lonely Friday". It really shows us all at our best... :yup

  7. #7Jeff D.2006-08-09 15:32

    And that's the saddest part too. Up til now I've been saying too myself "Don't worry, no-one around here reads it, so what if you act stupid?!" , but with national exposure I might not even have that excuse anymore. Is it too late to have all my posts deleted, and change my user name??:bouncegri Maybe a disclaimer like Tigerotor has on his signiture would help? Something like: These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer jibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the authors IQ, or mental health.

  8. #8jazak2006-08-09 16:25

    Will we get to demo out new equipment for free and write a 2 page letter on what we think about? The guys from TURF do it every month and they are in with Construction Magazine (same company) If so awesome.:thumbsup

  9. #9salesrep2006-08-09 17:48

    :notworthy Great job Steve.

  10. #10digger242j2006-08-09 18:05

    Yeah, it really does put the burden on us to say stuff that's at least semi-coherent. I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge... :spaz

  11. #11dayexco2006-08-09 18:44

    this the mag that threatened me 5 yrs ago with shutting down my free subscription unless i filled out the questionaire and mailed it back? i didn't fill out their questionaire and haven't missed an issue?

  12. #12digger242j2006-08-09 19:09

    Well then obviously, they're very nice people...

  13. #13cat3202006-08-09 19:26

    I like that idea of testing out different stuff almost like that handy mans club you may be picked to try out a tool then you can keep it. could you see that happening with equipment lol lol .

  14. #14Jeff D.2006-08-09 19:43

    Well, you might just kiss all that goodbye now, after this ^ post. And after 5 years on the lamb, Dayexco?! You had such a nice run going.......why?:bouncegri :thumbsup Me too!! Let's run with that idea.:yup

  15. #15dayexco2006-08-09 19:49

    i posed a question as not to offend anybody, apparently it wasn't the PC one, huh?

  16. #16Jeff D.2006-08-09 20:18

    It did read alittle differently, by first impressions, but now that you've made it clear it's actually a question.

  17. #17JimBruce422006-08-09 20:23

    That's awesome news, so Steve, do we all get a free copy of said issue? LOL:laugh

  18. #18jazak2006-08-09 20:31

    You guys are too funny, lets write a two page report and keep the $30K+ machine for freee! I wish!! What they do in TURF ask if anyone in " " area would like to test this "" equipment for 1-3 weeks then at the end of the time you right a 1-2 page report on what you thought abought the equipment and some pros and cons. Then other contractors/excavation owners can see what other people in the same line of work think plus you get a FREE machine for like a month. :thumbsup

  19. #19digger242j2006-08-09 22:03

    To reply seriously to your question--I don't know if they're the same magazine or not. I believe there are a lot of trade publications that send out questionnaires because they have a genuine and legitimate interest in who their readership is. The infomation they ask for helps them to better serve the needs of both the readers and their advertisers. Obviously, if they were making their money by selling copies of their magazine, you wouldn't be getting it for free in the first place. The fact that they're still sending it to you even though you didn't respond to the questionnaire only shows that they still believe you to be someone who has an interest in the contents. If you want to fault them only for making empty threats about not continuing to send you free magazines, well, I guess things could be a lot worse... (And if you've come to know Jeff at all from his posts here, you should recognize that, much like myself, unless he's addressing an actual question of hard facts, he's probably kidding, at least a little. The smilies should give you a hint when that's going on. :wink2 )

  20. #20PSDF3502006-08-09 23:46

    Congrats Steve should boost membership dramatically.

  21. #21Squizzy246B2006-08-10 05:24

    You may live to regret that...and its Thursday here.....:bouncegri :laugh

  22. #22digger242j2006-08-10 06:24

    Then I'll do my best to work myself to death today...

  23. #23Squizzy246B2006-08-10 09:24

    Go ahead, knock yourself out...I was nearly killed by a rockbreaker that "accidentally" disconnected from the hitch today. Operator sticks his head out of the cab and says "I wondered what that switch was?":dizzy :Banghead

  24. #24Jeff D.2006-08-10 22:58

    Ahh yes, the optional "KSS" ( K ill S quizzy S witch):bouncegri I see we have a new Blue Box on top of the scene now too, which links us to our new sponsor(?) affiliate(?)partner(?):thumbsup

  25. #25Squizzy246B2006-08-11 08:36

    I had a look at it today..typical hire machine with everything broken and hotwired. The operator wasn't to know, the switch was not identified at all...but its alright...the hydraulic hoses broke its fall After I have finished with the machine and paid the bill I will make a polite phone call to those people who are supposed to look at these machines from time to time. In the mean time we decided to call the machine "Egor". Its a 32,000 lb wheeled excavator and moves around something shocking with the breaker. The operator looks like he's a permanent AC/DC fan.

  26. #26Squizzy246B2006-08-11 10:55

    BTW Who is mailing out my copy of CE when we hit the big time???

  27. #27Jeff D.2006-08-11 11:39

    I just have this feeling that there must have been a gross miscalculation somewhere. Once they really read just what's been going on here, rather than doubling HEF's membership it'll actually have the effect of cutting CE's readership in half. But don't dispair elderly Squizzy unit, once the American Journal of Medicine decides to do a series of articles on "The retardation effect of industry induced stress on written human interaction" then we'll be golden, baby:thumbsup

  28. #28Squizzy246B2006-10-19 09:35

    Well?? Just curious Steve...where any threads published??

  29. #29Orchard Ex2006-10-19 19:47

    I signed up for the magazine online but haven't seen it in the mailbox yet. Anyone else?

  30. #30Cat4202006-10-19 20:39

    It takes a little while before you see the first one. I read through the October issue and didn't see anything. Maybe I didn't look close enough:beatsme

  31. #31Squizzy246B2006-10-20 08:29

    Dear Lord Please Lord don't let them publish the "Lonley Friday"...I'll be good from now on..I wont make broom jokes about the missus...send horrible emails to digger...post useless non-earthmoving stuff ...or say horrible things about Jeff D.....hang on Lord...can I take back that last one?:wink2 ointhead

  32. #32Jeff D.2006-10-20 20:10

    I'm sorry but now that I've written proof that you said it, I'm going to hold you too it. In the spirit of compromise I'll let you take back the "No more horrible e-mails to digger", but then that's it.:wink2

  33. #33Squizzy246B2006-10-20 23:21

    Naww No deal...I found a new program that can mask my IP address so Squizzy will disappear and I'll log on new under a speud...sydenu,,,physydeood...err a different name and tell everyone I'm a Truck Driver from Minnesota that runs over grade stakes for a living and they'll just think my posts are normal:laugh :bouncegri :bouncegri

  34. #34thejdman042007-02-15 12:46

    got my copy of const. equipment today, the site was in there.:usa

  35. #35Dusty2007-02-15 13:31

    now we r fameous:usa

  36. #36rino14942007-02-15 14:27

    Are we talking about Construction Equipment Guide, or something different ?

  37. #37Tigerotor77W2007-05-14 15:31

    http://www.constructionequipment.com