Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Throttle cable

Noidea ยท 2020-10-05 20:58

Hey all.... owned my jcb 3cx sitemaster for about a month, have made a serious mess all over my property..... still learning. Today the throttle cable broke and I am hoping someone knows a thing or two about it. Before I start undoing **** I don't need to and also whether the cable (part) is purpose built or if I can use any old cable...? Like maybe the bonnet cable....? Just I live out and about nothing close. Info will be appreciated, would love to get back to making my mess

Replies4
  1. #1Noidea2020-10-07 21:43

    Ok... everybody has been too busy, I did manage to find me the right workshop manual so all is good. Not that anyone is reading, I guess I was use to another forum I am a member of.... road star clinic, but it's for motor bikes. U post u get replies

  2. #2Tinkerer2020-10-08 09:53

    95 views so far. We are reading your posts. You should have posted your question in the Tractor/Backhoe/Loader forum to get maximum attention. I think the JCB 3CX is not a very popular machine in the HEF world. I read your post out of curiosity. But, I know nothing beyond the basics of a JCB of any kind.

  3. #3mitch5042020-10-08 11:35

    Yeah, there's a place I used to drive by that had a 3CX, but I've never touched one.

  4. #4Noidea2020-10-08 19:07

    Yes.... I also know nothing including the basics, but I'm learning. Now that I found the right manual things will get easier. Just fyi the cable is purpose built I now have one on order. It looks like it will happen again in the future as I believe the point where it broke is or will be prone to excessive work hardening leading to breakage, as the cable looks like it is made from stainless steel. I will have a better idea when I get and fit the new one. Thanks for the replies.... I will post in the appropriate place. I have to say after spending about 2 years doing everything by hand and there has been a lot..... it's just amazing how quickly **** gets done now, luv the jcb