My throttle cable is seized up on my komatsu pc-120. It's gotten worse and worse here recently and it finally stopped working. I really dont want to pay the 400 dollars at the dealer considering this is the very begining of my season and cash is tight. I'm going to try to soak it in a bucket of oil and maybe free it up. Any body have any better ideas to get it working? Or if not at least a better place to get it from? Thanks, Justin
HAd the same thing happen to our komatsu dozer. We ended up modifying another cable to work. I did end up finding a direct replacement for 15$ from either Baileynet.com or surpluscenter.com but it doesnt look like they have them anymore. get a length and a picture of the ends and ill see what i can find
Go find a supplier for boats and they should be able to build you another one for about ten percent the cost of the OEM. I've also found them being made a industrial supply houses. I've never gotten a stuck one to work right ever again. Good Luck!
I use a product called "PB Blaster"on stubborn bolts & cables.If you have the cable off the machine ,might try coiling it up in a 5 gallon bucket in diesel fuel.I have also taken a seringe with a small needle and injected lubricant into the cable housing,antifreeze also helps in cold weather.
You can order custom made control cables from Cablecraft. http://www.tuthill.com/us/en/brands/Cablecraft.cfm
put booster cables on the out side sheeting make sure you got good connection hook up to battry warm up for few sec try and move inner cable works on stuck park brake cables add oil after it is warm hope it works for you tom
NOW THATS RED NECK!...... IT COULD WORK ointhead
sounds strange but try regular old brake fluid(dot 3) like in your car brakes. works wonders on heavily rusted/corroded parts for us
I tried for about a half hour to free it up with brake fluid and PB blaster. Nothing worked so I cut the sheeth off and it turns out the wire inside the cable had frayed so bad it was just clogging up the cable completly. After calling around local I found one for $90.00 and it will be here monday. I really dont understand why the deal charges three or four times the price of an aftermarket peice. I would like to work with the dealer but their prices are just nowhere near competitive.
Throttle Cable Seized: Not only that... but, since you're always breaking stuff... :tong You have an astounding répertoire of parts manufacturers and catalogs, tucked away in your head, or someplace. Seriously though... two thumbs up for that link you posted, I didn't know Tuthill had such a broad range of product categories. Well done ATCO. OCR
LoL, yeah, there's a bunch of junk in my head, just getting through the cobwebs in there to find it is the problem. Bah ha ha ha. I've had Cablecraft custom make cables for me on several occasions. They make a lot of OEM cable assemblies, you just don't know it because it has the OEM parts tag on it.
Baum iron or Baum hydraulics in Omaha Ne makes up cables very reasonable and quick. I don't know the website but google does.
Easy fix. Sell Komatsu, buy a Caterpillar.