What size "inches", "pin diameter" on a thumb does a person need for a 41k pd excavator????? My boom is 9.5" wide where the thumb will be mounted. My bucket is 36"
I have a 48k machine, and mine uses a 2" pin. What brand thumb are you going to install?
Don't really know Shimmy1, just know got the machine and going to start looking to buy a used one. What brand is yours? Is there anyway you could post a pic or send it to me?
You're leaving out some needed details here, what make and model of machine is it going on, what kind of thumb are you wanting, manual or hydraulic? what design... weld on or main pin? Pro link or not?
It's an Ed-180 kobelco with the 6 way dozer blade on it. 10' stick and machine weighs 41,800lb. The stick is 9.5'"wide across where the thumb "bracket" would mount. I'm just wanting a manual thumb. Machine is not plumbed for hyd. I guess I'm just wanting the weld on with 2-3 hole adjustments and the hole up above for when not using it instead of what your calling main pin.... And not sure I know what your talking about with pro link or not??? Sorry for the inconvenience but thanks for the help so far
I'd look at Solsbees thumbs, they make a good manual thumb. Pro link is for hydraulic thumbs, it puts a extra link between the hydraulic cylinder and the thumb itself so that the thumb can touch the bucket no matter where the bucket is at in its range of motion. here is a video of one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjrO5tykXk