Hi All, I bought a 2016 Terex TC16 from a dealer who had it in as part of a trade in deal. As part of the deal with me he fitted a thumb which works off a foot pedal. When I used it for the first time I bent the thumb ram and on investigation the bucket ram doesn't overpower the thumb so the weaker ram suffered. The Thumb ram is smaller than the bucket ram and so is clearly the one going to give. I know I should of tested the thumb to see if it had a lower pressure release setting but didn't think the dealer would have failed to check this . The dealer has replaced the ram but is saying over to you to sort the hydraulics. Is there anyone familiar with a thumb on a Terex TC16 and what option I have re the pressure setting ? Thanks James
Good day James You are meeting a common issue, when the thumb cylinder is forced to retract by force of the bucket cylinder, with out substantial relief valve the risk is high to both the thumb cylinder and attachment bracket. I suggest you look to installing a relief valve with negative replenishing cross over- adjust the pressure to what is adequate to hold material allowing retraction by the bucket cylinder beyond the holding point. We are in the process of compiling a mini manual on this very subject it is not complete at this time however we can post you a copy if would like to have it. Kind regards Uffex
Thanks Uffex, I am a Bri who has moved to the USA where adding a thumb is a common thing on an Excavator. A copy of the manual would be good and in the mean time I will go looking for a hydraulics schematic for the Terex TC16. Best wishes james
Hi James this link may help https://en.terex-club.com/owners.php?ddlb_model=282