I recently saw a picture of a backhoe with decent looking thumb on it. I saved the photo to my laptop, and then enlarged it enough to see the mfr's name on it. Oriel it is, and I never heard of them on HEF or anywhere else. If anyone wants to take a look at their products click on this .
I had never heard of them either, but looking at the website, there stuff looks really good.
made in ireland
I went to their website, and asked for a quote on several buckets. Prices and shipping are very reasonable. I may try them out.
Maybe a dumb question on my part. How can someone build and ship a bucket/thumb from Ireland to the US and be competitive? Are they subsidizing the cost whether it be labor or materials over there or is the cost to produce in the US gotten out of hand? Currency difference?
They have North American headquarters in New York. There are excavators for sale on machinery trader with Oriel Thumbs on them. They prolly have dealers selling them in the US.
OK, makes sense, thanks.
Honestly I had the same question myself. I am really not sure. I priced a 60" cleanout bucket, 24" dig bucket, 60" hyd tilt for a LB160X4 with 80mm pins and they were 5400 on the cleanout, 4400 on the dig bucket and 9500 on the tilt. I spoke with a guy out of NY, certainly Irish decent based on the accent. Seems squared away for what that is worth. That was all with pins. Shipping was 700, which I thought was cheap for coming 7/8ths the way across the US.
Those prices are not outrageous but on the flip side not cheap. I would think the truckings quote might be subsidizes in the overall price but you guys down i US would have a better grasp on transportation cost. What would it cost for quick attach lugging instead of pins? Just thinking out loud here.
Those are very stout looking buckets on their website.
I thought also they looked really good, which is why I contacted them. I am waiting on some other numbers from other bucket OEM's but I thought the numbers were reasonable, especially for as well made as they appear to be.
Good find Tinkerer, you guys are right, that stuff looks beefy!
have used it very well made
Their hitches buckets and attachments come fitted on nearly all models of new machines here now. They are very good quality and hard wearing.