Hi all! i need to get a thumb for my Akerman H10B, primarily for picking up trees, but also large rocks too. I don't have very much time in a machine with a thumb. what's the best length for the thumb teeth? My choices for off-the-shelf weld-on mechanical thumbs are about 8" longer than the tip of the bucket, or about 1" shorter. The shorter one seems better matched, but perhaps they shouldn't be matched? Thanks, Mike
I would go with the one that's a little shorter. For what I do, it works a little better and isn't in the way.
What if you bought the 8" and cut it down?
mine are 4-6" longer than the bucket and fit between the bucket teeth. they are also curved at the end. works great for trees, brush, and building/ concrete demo. The hook on the end is a must have for me.
be careful going to long, when curling in if the thumb is to long it could hit the boom or if the cylinder is located in front of the boom it could smack that.