Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tier 3 FIAT F5CE5454 oil breather.

XSKIER ยท 2021-02-28 09:59

I think that Google turns up that this engine is used in CNH case and new holland equipment, like the W80B L190 or TR340. The one I have, installed in a w80btc, has "fouled" and put a bunch of oil into the intake. I unhooked the hose to the intake, dropped it out of the engine bay, and ran it WFO for an hour to clear some of the smoke. I did find an engine supplement pdf, but there is not much info on the breather itself. Does anyone have any experience with this? The engine starts and runs good otherwise, the EGR system is probably plugged beyond usable now, so that is something else too.

Replies3
  1. #1XSKIER2021-04-14 21:25

    Problem was fixed with a new crate motor.

  2. #2Tags2021-04-15 20:28

    Ouch!

  3. #3GaryHoff2021-05-29 12:17

    Ouch is right. Was there other damages? Any reason you couldn't just change the EGR? Some oil in the intake is normal with this design. Depending on the emission laws of your country, there was a kit to change the crank case vent to a external vent. There was also heater lines available, to help prevent the lines from freezing off.