Hi Gents Just about to purchase a 2014 D6T LGP 0JRW serial number never owned a T4 Cat dozer before only had them upto earlier Ts. Do they give many problems? How do they hold up longer term? I like to run our machines to high hours. It has 4500 hours on the clock and been on a finning maintenance programme so all seems good as far as history. Cat undercarriage report says approx 50% worn on average which would tally with the hours.
Just a couple quick observations from your comments. I don't know the environmental specs for your part of the world but that year of manufacture in North America would mean the tractor was a Tier 4 Interim which is a different animal to the Tier 4 Final of today. I bring that up because those hours are about where the DPF had to be removed and cleaned so that would be a good question to give to the seller. An undercarriage with 50% wear at 4,500 hours would indicate that it has System 1 installed which would be another question to ask. It sounds a little suspicious with the comment "on average". I say that because I've looked at lots of machines in there era where the track chains looked real good but had bad seals in the links or had worn the rollers way more than the chains. I do remember some issues with cam follower rollers breaking making for some expensive engine repairs. Do you have any photos?
Hi John Thanks for your reply, and yes good point on the DPF. I was a bit vague on the undercarriage and yes your right its system 1, the rollers are 68% worn top rollers are brand new the rails are 55% worn bushes, idlers and segments are around 30 to 40 percent worn, shoes are pretty good too. I'm expecting a few dry links but il just run the u/c untill it becomes un economic and replace with a full standard cat undercarriage this is reflected in the price. Blade skin excellent along with cutting edges and inside cab is as new. T4 interim is ok for me as I dont like adblue. The cam follower issues have plagued most versions of the C9 having had first hand experience on a 336D. Up side is I know the previous owners and they are known to look after their kit so fingers crossed it gives me good service.
Sounds like you have condition figured out. I don't know of any other red flags but maybe someone else will chime in. Good Luck!
It's a decent tractor but like all later model equipment theres always a big potential bill around the corner just hope for the best