Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tigercat 620E trans issues

Gary Morris ยท 2024-07-10 06:36

I have two 620E 2017 models with about 5000 hrs on them. Started having shifting issues a few months ago and now trans have quit. A dealer diagnosed issues with the electronic control valve which affected the actuation of the clutches and subsequently burned them out. I am being offered a conversion to manual or mechanical control valve...what ever that means. Has anyone had trans issues with these machines and done the conversion to fix it or is the transmission bullet proof normally.

Replies5
  1. #1Plebeian2024-07-11 21:44

    If I recall correctly some had issues with the EHS, when pulling heavy logs, the transmission would change itself into high-speed mode. EHS = 'When operating conditions demand high tractive effort, both hydrostatic motors are working. When tractive effort requirements are reduced - for instance, when traveling empty or loaded on flat terrain - all of the pump flow is directed to one motor for higher travel speeds and improved efficiency. It all happens seamlessly with no operator input." 620E - trans TRANSMISSION Single-speed mechanical Variable speed hydrostatic (2) variable displacement motors Optional EHS (efficient high speed) hydrostatic drive Single-speed mechanical Variable speed hydrostatic (2) variable displacement motors

  2. #2Gary Morris2024-07-12 08:14

    We took the grapples off and fabricated draw bars to pull 14ft disc plows on flat ground with 34" plates, needless to say trans didn't like all that resistance.

  3. #3Hallback2024-07-13 13:19

    Yes most people go away from the electronic transmission controls just for that same reason. For your application personally I would opt for a 632

  4. #4Tacodriver2024-07-13 18:59

    I know our tigercat 630 with the EHS has been problematic, something to do with the clutches for the 2 speed. Just going off what our mechanics have mentioned to me, our local dealer wouldn't order any more EHS machines once they started having issues with them.

  5. #5Hallback2024-07-13 20:06

    Everybody I know that has had the EHS machines have had problems with them about 2,000 hours and up