Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tilt Bucket Build

02SILVER ยท 2020-05-30 20:17

Hey guys, long time watcher here and think some of you might like to see this tilt bucket build I have embarked on. It started because I have an upcoming job that having a tilting grading bucket will improve our backfill/final grade while working in a swale. I have a straight grading bucket that drew the short straw for this build. My carrier is an E55 so it will need to be stout!

Replies10
  1. #102SILVER2020-05-30 20:24

    I have a decent size yard of salvage items so I will try to build this as economically possible and I like a challenge. I scrounged many items off of a JCB 506B in the yard. I attached a 1/2" plate to the bottom of my quick connect blank for a solid base. This shows the hing assembly mocked up.

  2. #202SILVER2020-05-30 20:29

    Here it is attached to the bucket. I will be adding structural gussets once I make sure all my hydraulic movements are figured out. Now on to the hydraulic cylinder. I found one that has a 2" diameter rod but not the length that I needed so this happened....

  3. #302SILVER2020-05-30 20:31
  4. #402SILVER2020-05-30 20:38

    I had a better pin and head from another cylinder which worked better on my mock up So the newly lengthened cylinder got a new head(maybe I need a new one too). And here is the cylinder laying on the bucket close to the position it should be in. That is as far as I have gotten. I hope to finish it up this week. If you guys have any comments or suggestions let me know. Thanks

  5. #5CM19952020-05-31 19:20

    Nice work! I really enjoy building stuff like that with parts and pieces laying around the yard. Keep us posted.

  6. #6Welder Dave2020-06-01 22:32

    Not the best looking weld on the cylinder cap but interesting project.

  7. #702SILVER2020-06-03 17:37

    I sent the cylinder to the local hydraulic shop to be rebuilt and recieved it back yesterday. So today when it started raining I had a chance to mount and test before adding reinforcements.

  8. #802SILVER2020-06-03 17:40

    I will add more photos later when I have a better internet connection

  9. #902SILVER2020-06-03 18:03
  10. #1002SILVER2020-06-03 18:07

    More strengtheners and a coat of paint should wrap this up. I am not a welder by trade but it should hold up I hope