Im installing a pro-link hydraulic thumb on a Kobelco SK210-10. machine has 2 x aux circuits, hammer/2-way and tilt. Only the tilt circuit is controlled by proportional slider on joystick so I’d like to try utilise this to run the Thumb. The ponied gear pump puts out 44L per minute, rated at 3550psi. Piping is half inch. Will this be enough fluid to run the thumb efficiently? I like to run it fairly quick. Cylinder has 60mm rod and about 1200mm length retracted.
It should be fast enough but will likely need the relief pressure set below 3550. Depends on the max pressure spec on the thumb.
Agreed with mobiltech. Nearly all thumb mfrs want the aux topped off at 2500. I'm guessing your thumb cylinder is gonna have a half inch pipe running to the rod end as well. I think you'll be plenty fast. What else does this gear pump support? Hyd cooler fan, swing, pilot source? You may not have 100% of the available flow which could sliw you down a bit. Just something to consider. Good luck
The aux pump only supports the tilt piping, it’s a simple circuit. Both cylinder ports are at the one end of the cylinder and are 1/2 inch yet they sent me 3/8 hoses. They are rather short so perhaps the friction loss will be nothing to slow speed, or should I go 1/2 inch hoses?
I would probably go with -8 vs the -6. Since you're after speedy response. Plus you don't want to build heat.
Please elaborate on this "tilt" function. Are you saying it's for a tilt bucket?
I think the common name would be "slope and rotate"