More manufacturers need to make these variants of tilt buckets or tilt tools as I have seen tilt cleanup/ditch cleaning/grading buckets and chuck blades on google images when I use "tilt bucket" or "excavator tilt blade" in the keyword search. But when I use "tilt slab bucket", it only yields the images of just any tilt bucket or slab bucket. It doesn't produce the image result of what I want (well, maybe except that WBM tilt slab bucket). But still, after looking at this attachment and where it's used, I have declared it as a very rare attachment. I can even see why it's favored mainly throughout Toronto: it can not only dig slabs from roads and sidewalks, but it also carries long things like pipes, rails, and rebar. That way, if you come across an obstacle on one end, you can tilt the bucket to raise the rail or pipe you're carrying and clear that obstacle. But yeah, let's try to make this attachment as popular as every other attachment (specifically and mainly on road jobsites). I even searched "bucket, other" on Machinery Trader and found no results on this specific bucket. And no, a slab bucket plus a detachable tilt adapter or what's called a "rototilt" doesn't count.
They're very common on Gradall's which are often used for city work. Here's some for excavators but without tilt. https://kenco.com/products/slab-crab/ http://www.ransome-equip.com/pavementremoval.html http://www.rocklandmfg.com/index.php?page=pavement-removal-excavator-buckets
But that one doesn't tilt like the above images I posted.
Where I'm at most of the work for a tilting type attachment like that is done with a Gradall. There's probably not a huge demand for them on excavators or they would be more popular.
Check out what I found in this catalog! Here it is in it's mint condition factory state. And here it is in action on a 310SJ tearing up the road! Nye Manufacturing finally updated their site to show this specific bucket I'm looking for! BTW, you won't believe the reply I got from them. "I know you don't make wedge lock style couplers, but your tilt slab bucket (model 30SB1 Tilt) grabbed my attention more than any other. This tilt slab bucket's wedge lock coupler lugs are flat instead of round like many wedge lock coupler lugs produced by manufacturers like Kenco, Finning, AMI, Brandt, PSM, WBM, etc. The only contractor that favors this style of wedge lock couplers for it's fleet of excavators is Sanscon Construction of Toronto. But I have yet to identify the manufacturer(s) that make this specific styled wedge lock coupler. My question is quite simple: which manufacturer(s) make this specific styled wedge lock coupler and wedge coupler lugs? And do you have any more archived images of any other excavator attachments (buckets, hoe pack/breaker lug adapters, etc) bearing this specific style wedge coupler lugs. So far, these images are the only ones I could find (for now)." In which they reply: "Hi Cartoondude135, we can make any type of coupler you need, especially special or custom. H & H makes wedge style couplers with the inclined plane on the rear boss. Mark" Which is a little weird, because their site (and H&H's site) doesn't advertise that they make wedge lock style couplers.
Update: I just made another breakthrough! Bateman Manufacturing also makes tilting slab buckets. Apparently, that's their old trademark logo! Here's are reference photos to their old logos: But yeah, it's strange that Bateman Manufacturing discontinued the tilt slab bucket as well as them having multiple logos. However, Nye Manufacturing's tilt slab bucket is still appearing even as of now when I use "tilt slab bucket" in the search engine search box. Now I have a positive ID on 3 manufacturers that make tilt slab buckets as well as that inclined plane wedge lock coupler.