I'm having a local shop build me a custom tilt trailer for my Kubota U35 mini ex. I'm wondering if/when a tilt bed is too steep? Here is an image of the build so far. There is still a back plate that will go on the end which will lower the angle a bit but wondering what your thoughts are on the angle of the tilt. Is it OK? too steep? Thanks for your opinions...I'm sure there will be many and varied.
That looks like less of an angle than my deck over gooseneck loads at. Can you put a smart level on it and give us an angle or measure it and do some geometry?
I like it ! That's pretty close to the same angle we use with an excavator .
Unfortunately I won't be able to put a smart level on it for a week or so...I'm traveling but I appreciate the inputs. Thanks! (Seems like when we were talking he was shooting for 15 degrees...I've seen others that advertise 9 degrees). Right now I'm loading it into a 14K dump and that is always fun.
That angle looks pretty standard should do just fine Trade off with a tilt is to get less angle you have to move the axel away forward from the tail and it limits the load placement a lot
Looks pretty reasonable