We recently bought an older Timberjack 480C. The grapple rotate motor was missing, but we have been able to track one of them down. ( Thanks Woodland Equipment and RLM) I am unable to find if there is supposed to be a crossover relief valve on this style of grapple. I've seen this type of grapple on other Timberjacks, but most don't have this barrel style of grapple attachment. The Timberjacks with the Esco grapples show a crossover relief valve just before the rotate motor. We've been able to track down the parts drawing for the motor, grapple and hydraulic system, but the parts diagrams don't go all the way back to the rotate motor. Can anyone tell me if there is a crossover relief on the system? I dont want to install a new motor and have it chew out the spline plate below, replicating the current problem. Thanks
seems like there should be a crossover relief somewhere, either built into the motor or before it. When you turn a corner with a load of trees, that grapple WILL rotate. I see mostly Tigercat and Franklin, and ESCO stuff, sorry.