Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Time Tracking App

dieseldog5.9 ยท 2022-02-26 10:26

Trying to move our small company ahead and some of my duties as Bookkeeper/Salesman/Truck Driver/Excavator operator and Head Mechanic simpler with some technology. Looking for an app that tracks time for employees and subcontractors through their phone, so you can login and out of different jobs, and coordinates with Quickbooks. Looking for what works for different people. Would like to be able to clock in and out at different job codes as pay changes from Trucking to Excavation to Mechanic work, and would like it to transcribe to an invoice so I can concentrate on doing billable work, instead of office work. Looked at: Timeshark, and Quickbooks Time.

Replies13
  1. #1colson042022-02-26 14:55

    Watching. I'm in the same boat with my small business about keeping track of my employee's time, my time, and what we are doing when, and for what job. I seem to always have 2 or 3 jobs 'in progress' at any given time and keeping everything straight for billing, record keeping, etc can be a pain.

  2. #2Zewnten2022-02-27 16:22

    I believe the name of the app that I used before was busybusy. What was nice was the clocking in and out obviously the most important but also offered GPS tracking of the event and photo attachment for each job.

  3. #3dieseldog5.92022-02-28 12:38

    After an entire morning working in the office ( My Kitchen Table ) starting with a scheduled phone meeting with Intuit Quickbooks to discuss any bookkeeping and setup issues I may have, my spidey sense tingled that this was infact not a phone call to help me with any quick books setup issues, it was a sales call to convince me to sign up for there most expensive plan. After they pointed out that the top plan offered the services that are all ready listed in the plan I paid for, and that the top plan had customer service advisors that are "experts" at quickbooks, but the plan I have, ( one down from the top plan ) has just regular customer service people, that may or may not know quickbooks. Also if I wanted to keep track of time it would be another subscription, unlike what their advertised plan says. I am guessing they are replaying the tape from the recorded line, as I told them they were falsely advertising their product. If I order a #5 at McDonalds the cashier doesn't ask for an extra dollar if I want fries, it is listed as being included. Spent 3 hours with the Boss, looking for alternative programs, The sales call quickly became an unsales call. I am super pissed off at this outfit, but will probably still use them because they are the standard in the industry.

  4. #4crane operator2022-02-28 22:09

    Quickbooks has a monopoly on the market, everyone uses it, and we do too. Once your using it - the idea of switching everything to something else seems daunting. I've never thought of interlocking the guys time in with it. I don't think I'm big enough and have enough employee's - I think paper records is probably still easier at my size (4-5 employees is all I have). The constant update and "you need the new improved version" of quickbooks gets kind of old.

  5. #5John C.2022-02-28 23:13

    My Quickbooks Pro was from somewhere around 2002. It works well and has time tracking. They have come at me several times about upgrading but now the program is on their server and not your computer. Said no thanks and left everything the same. My desktop computer is out of date so bad that it couldn't be updated. I'm not going to replace it until it dies because the old Quickbooks program won't work on anything else.

  6. #6Birken Vogt2022-03-01 09:44

    They are now annual subscription model even for the desktop version. I will have to break down and pay in a year or two. But for the time being, the subscription seems to be about the same as keeping the standalone updated every 3 or 4 years. I am definitely ready to jump ship if something better comes along but the people that help me all use quickbooks so we are locked in, for now.

  7. #7nowing752022-03-01 15:12

    AboutTime is the app we use.

  8. #8fourwheel12022-03-01 18:16

    Check out freshbooks... They have time tracking, project and expense tracking and full accounting. Price is based on how many employees u have. They just updated in December and the app isn't the greatest now but we just use the website and it works good for everything. We have used it since 2015

  9. #9KSSS2022-03-24 18:33

    I use Busy Busy. Works pretty awesome.

  10. #10Shimmy12022-03-24 22:27

    Sinc works well for me.

  11. #11fourwheel12022-04-03 09:56

    Is sinc and busy busy only time tracking or does it also do accounting?? If not what are you using for accounting

  12. #12Shimmy12022-04-03 13:41

    Sinc is my employee time-tracking app. I hire a third party to do payroll, so all I need is something to keep track of hours. I use Invoice2go for billing/estimates. I'm kind of old school, currently still do all my business accounting on paper. I did figure out recently that Invoice2go is connected somehow with QuickBooks. I might check into that.

  13. #131466IH2022-04-21 23:10

    I will never deal with quickbooks again. They are essentially holding our business information hostage. Was trying to update the company into the 21st century but qb was not the answer. Bought the desktop version after they told us that we wouldn't have to pay yearly for a subscription we just wouldn't get any updates after the year was up. Year comes and goes and let the subscription lapse because we went back to hand writing invoices. Start getting things together to file year end taxes and couldn't log into quickbooks. Called them to see what was going on and was told we had to renew subscription to get our stuff. Got a little heated on the phone and pretty well told them I would take my chances with an IRS audit before they ever got another dime from me. Intuit, the company who owns quickbooks has been all over the news lately for false advertising with turbo tax but qb should definitely be included in the lawsuit. Luckily we are small enough to get by with hand written work orders and invoices and customers are patient knowing that during the busy seasons it may take a month or so to get them a bill.