Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tips for getting financing?

Bobcat190 ยท 2009-03-29 19:13

So long story short, I work for a medium sized operation as Operation's Manager. I have some equipment of my own that i use on the side. I would like to go full time with my own bussiness. I have the need (and some jobs) for a 200 size excavator. I have been told by some people that in order to borrow money to buy the machine or to finance it I will need more money in assests then I have. Does this mean I have to buy a house and rent it out or something along those lines in order to buy the machine? I want to take advantage of equipment prices before we start to see some hyper inflation with all this "new money" being introduced. Any ideas? I was also told that some equipment companies look at the machine you are financing as capital or as an asset. Is this true? Thanks guys

Replies2
  1. #1homecoast2009-06-15 23:17

    Bobcat190 - Sorry I didn't see your message earlier, as I just joined today. I work for a company that can use your existing equipment as collateral to provide capital for new equipment purchases. We can also do purchase-leaseback arrangements. Let me know if you are interested in learning more. Thanks

  2. #2Lease Options2009-06-24 11:53

    Bobcat190, if you are looking to buy directly from the equipment dealer, they have different rules for their lending. One question: have you formed your own business as a separate entity from the current company you are working for? I'm here, if you have any additional questions.