I was planning to add tire chains to my 310l for snow, but in talking with the chain maker, they seem to want 6 inches of clearance between the tires and the hoe. I have maybe 2. Advice??
Found this on the web in a government bid. Notice the tire options all state that wheel spacers are necessary for the installation of chains:
Don't know your situation. I've used chains on every tractor I've ever owned. Some don't have much clearance. I would think the ones loggers use would fit tightest with least slop. Many chains have only a hook for inside side chain.
Spacer kit from Deere is $984.
Man, It must be nice to get that much money for 2 slabs of metal with a couple sets of holes!!
Not sure there is an alternative. I have no blueprints or a sample to have a machinist make a set.
Oh, no need for balance. Might you find a set of wheels you could cut? Are the studs long enough to stack the center from one wheel, then your wheel? Maybe that isn't prohibitive. Is your $70,000 tractor useful twice as long, (the whole year)?
For a guaranteed perfect fit buy the John Deere spacers. At the same time get the proper bolts they offer in the parts list. Then while you have the wheels off you can drive those stabilizer pins out and clean them up, then open the grease passages.