I have a Gehl 6640 that has foam filled tires on it. The lug nuts came loose on one of the rear rims, I did not catch it in time and it did a number on the bolt holes. There is not a whole lot of tread on the rest of the tires. I was wondering what the best and cheapest solution was, get one new tire and foam filled tire, can the tires be recapped? I do have a set of ott that are usual on it. Thanks for the help
If it's a piloted setup, new studs, nuts, and big flat washers, lol
Someone sells weld in washers for just this repair.
Of course if you weld the rim the tires should be removed so it doesn't explode and kill you. Not sure how you'd do that with foam filled tires? Maybe keep the rim under water immediately after welding and stay away for an hour after each weld? Unless somebody can prove that foam filled tires don't explode like regular tires.
Just weld it one hole at a time and keep a hose there too cool it in between each weld. Be safe, and you should be fine.
Do you know where to get those washers?
Foam filled tires don't have air in them, do they? I think that's the point. As long as you're not welding on the rim, but just the center plate, you should be fine, but YMMV, it's just my best guess.
Yes, just reworked 4 loader rims, foam filled tires. Had 12 bolt pattern, welded up 4 on each, torch center out 1/2" larger as well. Welded up 1 hole, move to other rim, let first cool, come back later.
I can't find them now, but it was a farm oriented place, either Baum Iron or Shoup.