Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tired of cleaning out track frames?

Queenslander · 2019-04-28 03:43

Or there may be another perfectly good reason.

Replies19
  1. #1Ronsii2019-04-28 08:39

    It's for extra weight..... that way it will hold all the accumulated dirt inside.

  2. #256wrench2019-04-28 11:09

    mad max movie prop?

  3. #3redneckracin2019-04-28 11:17

    looks like a heavy forestry spec?

  4. #4farmerlund2019-04-28 11:20

    looks like its for snow. windows in the pads. That's my story and i'm sticking to it!

  5. #5Tones2019-04-28 16:40

    Ex Antipersonnel mine clearance ???????????????

  6. #6epirbalex2019-04-28 16:57

    I hope he has a remote tube for his track ajustment .

  7. #7petepilot2019-04-28 16:57

    should keep most of the snakes out

  8. #8CM19952019-04-28 18:31

    Doubt they get much snow down under..

  9. #9Birken Vogt2019-04-28 18:41

    Those bolsters or guards or whatever around the bolt heads. Must be for protecting the bolt heads from something scraping against them. Must be for guarding against some sort of debris or damage getting in there and damaging the track parts from the look of it. With the eyes for lifting so it can be removed for maintenance. But what material would that be for?

  10. #10CM19952019-04-28 19:03

    Old Landfill machine? That would keep garbage out of the UC.

  11. #11hosspuller2019-04-28 19:31

    With seagull protection on the sides & rear ? Don't see the 50 cal nose gun for frontal attack defense

  12. #12Bls repair2019-04-29 11:16

    For cutting roads on the side of steep slopes so rocks and dirt don’t roll down slope and jam up tracks

  13. #13Birken Vogt2019-04-29 12:34

    That makes sense with the little deflectors around the bolt heads too. Any chance this machine came from the islands to the north? Looks like something you would see on a mountain side up there.

  14. #14epirbalex2019-04-29 18:26

    I watched a friend "bury" a D31 Komatsu under rock and dirt enough to drive the exhaust pipe into the muffler . Dozer was foresty guarded around him accept from his feet . Material above the tracks ,roof was the problem . Took him longer to roll a smoke than smoke it .

  15. #15Bls repair2019-04-29 19:30

    If dirt can get on roof you shouldn’t be there

  16. #16simonsrplant2019-04-30 11:35

    I’d guess forestry but no winch? Either way, man that thing is ugly!

  17. #17John C.2019-04-30 23:42

    I've seen something like that used in ship holds. Usually on smaller machines though. What I don't see is any guarding on the inside of the track frames?

  18. #18Queenslander2019-05-01 04:36

    The machine is advertised for sale in South Australia, so not much risk of snow there, although a few machines do find their way down to Antarctica and back. The canopy is very common on dozers of that vintage working anywhere near timber. There were no comments in the add other than a phone no...he’s probably sick of tyre/track kickers but I did send a message.

  19. #19old-iron-habit2019-05-01 15:08

    I would think that with the snow pads the dirt would all get in but no way to easily get out. What a mess that would be. I would be curious to see if it had matching snow sprockets.