Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tires for a trailer advices

ronbourd ยท 2014-09-17 12:52

Can someone with experience give me advices for buying tires for my trailer. The size is "205 r75/15". The originals were "Taskmaster... not very impressive! I live in Canada. This trailer is for transporting my Mini ex tb016. Thank for the advices Ronald

Replies3
  1. #1Bumpsteer2014-09-17 13:28

    I've always had good luck with the Goodyear "Marathon" series trailer tires. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Marathon+Radial&partnum=075R5MAR6V2 You'll want to make sure the weight rating is correct for your usage. Ed

  2. #2Jim Dandy2014-09-17 19:29

    I was having a lot of trailer tire issues with my 6 ton tilt deck until I bought more expensive tires. The guy I buy my tires from told me to pick up one my old cheap ones and one of the new ones. The new ones were much heavier. Most of my failures were in the sidewalls. I believe the new ones had significantly more belts or plys. I would pay more for good tires it will save you in the long run. If they are Samsons stay away.

  3. #3mitch5042014-09-17 21:17

    Goodyear, Michelin, Firestone, and my personal favorite, Powerking, are all good brands