Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tires for Bomag BW124 roller

enginerd · 2024-07-14 18:22

I recently bought a Bomag BW124-DH-40 single drum roller at auction last year and have been going through it as time allows. It's now time to address the tires. They're cracking bad enough that I really need to find a pair of replacements. The problem is, I can't seem to find anybody making/selling tires in this size. Anybody know where I can find a set of 9.5-24 R-3 (turf or diamond tread style) tires?

Replies9
  1. #1enginerd2024-07-14 18:23

    Here’s a couple of pics.

  2. #2Joe H2024-07-14 18:27

    Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Carlisle-Turf-Tractor-Tire-9-5-24/dp/B011O3K4K2/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2JV3NOMHF2MF9&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.D8mBpI4pbqLezVtVgt5ygzw7vikBroVQwwWprIJdm-C_33EhPSGu-0OTECNjO-gAvFFf2sd2GUUDYVFxrM1UFW9FjDP2DOCYVEDx1HzSPykvrbEOSAPLFXjdhkv0kOZJ5EFJsBKo5qfVWef281JZeuF-tWesIZRmZiXip_JFIB3ktV4VMJ3RuRaBUj6gohgUggZ9psv0liUkF_F3934q5ubn4aUMj4OcqKttHFp_FjutrOZT0rBhZxDghxga5iIKqnX6pUB7vPh9ghlcKISh84XPMr4-iaNLVV07CRY-_9k.b6AdS2br44Yf1g1EVlZBXLNIde920gUyNwAs-GdOoA4&dib_tag=se&keywords=9.5-24+tire&qid=1720995991&rnid=15684181&s=automotive&sprefix=9.5-24+tire,automotive,127&sr=1-4-catcorr&th=1

  3. #3enginerd2024-07-14 19:36

    Thanks, but those are for a 9.5” rim, like for a garden tractor or lawn mower. What I need is a 9.5" wide tire that goes on a 24" tall rim.

  4. #4Joe H2024-07-14 20:39

    Sorry, the way it's listed looks like every other tire size that would be 24" rim. Joe H

  5. #5Joe H2024-07-14 20:58

    9.5-24 Carlisle Turf Pro Tractor Tire (6 Ply) (TL) 9.5-24 Goodyear Farm All Weather R-3 B (4 Ply), 100% store.ntstiresupply.com Goodyear All Weather R-3 9.50/-24 These Goodyear All Weather R3 TL tires are made for farm life. This tire provides greater fuel efficiency due to their thick outer casing and gives enhanced hillside stability with minimal soil disruption. In addition to easier cleaning, there is high tra danthetireman.com 9.5-24 Tractor Tire 4 Ply Farm Goodyear All Weather R-3 Tire 4AW494 | eBay Goodyear ALL Weather R-3 Tires. Agricultural Bias R-3 tire Ideal for Golf Courses, Parks, Citrus Groves and Highway Mowing. Provides longer wear and increased fuel efficiencies. For minimal soil disruption. www.ebay.com

  6. #6enginerd2024-07-14 21:26

    Those would work, but I can’t find any in stock. And that one listed on eBay won’t ship to me in Alaska. Bah!

  7. #7Joe H2024-07-15 00:06

    Tell the seller you'll split the shipping, nobody ships to AK for free. Joe H

  8. #8HarleyHappy2024-07-15 09:54

    Buy Advance R-3 Tires Online | SimpleTire Buy new Advance R-3 tires from SimpleTire at the lowest cost and get them delivered directly to you, or one of our 20,000+ installation centers in days. Schedule an installation with your preferred mechanic to make tire buying a painless and simple process. simpletire.com Here is a good source and they are good on shipping.

  9. #9enginerd2024-07-15 18:18

    Thanks guys. That Advance tire looks like it'll work.