Has anyone purchased from these folks? Are the attachments any good? I am looking at a log splitter. I live in FL, so not doing 10+ cords per year. We do have live oak though, which is very dense and knotted. https://www.palletforks.com/skid-st...o-duty-skid-steer-hydraulic-log-splitter.html
I called them yesterday. I was 34th in the phone cue, not a good sign. I emailed and heard back today. The attachment will not be available until AT LEAST the end of this month (though I could order and pay for it today :lol: ). I did hope someone had some experience with them, good or bad, though. I would hate to buy something that doesn't hold up.
Have never heard of them. The splitter looks neat, but looks like a lot of steel and valves for the price. I was anticipating a higher price.
I was thinking 'too good to be true' ... what is the fault/catch?
Ok, back in stock. I ordered one today. I'll give a review once I receive it and put it through the paces.
Supposed to be delivered tomorrow between 11 and 3. If so, product fulfillment and shipping are spot on! Price dropped from what I paid: $1004.00 to $900.00 on the website, another 'run for the hills moment...' Methinks my first instinct will be correct. I hope I am wrong.
This thing was delivered on Tues. It looks solid. It came with the correct size flat face couplers. I hooked it up and used it last night. It lasted about 45 minutes. It broke a bolt (used as a pin) between the ram rod and the 4 way wedge. I was going to replace it with a grade 8 bolt, then thought it may have been designed to be the weak point. At any rate, I'll buy 2 or 3 bolts and tape the spares to the unit for when they are needed. I am running this on a CAT 287B. The ram cycle time was slower than I would have liked, but my wife pointed out that it was faster than we could feed it (for more than a few minutes). The unit liked the loader running just a hair above idle. I was splitting 18" - 24" diameter heavily knotted green (freshly cut) southern live oak. A maul bounces off this stuff. It pushed right through without slowing down. There was a little flex in the frame on the biggest and most knotted stuff though. I would say it is a good buy for the money if you aren't doing this professionally. It would likely last forever if one is using it on easier to split wood. I would say it would be fine even for someone doing 5 - 10 cords per year for home heating.
Sounds fair enough so far. Good deal!
Yes, and good for me. I just brought home 1.5 cords more today. I am set for next winter!
I would not use a grade 8 bolt if it has a grade 5 or lower, when a grade 8 breaks it fly like a bullet if your not careful.
Titan is a company that sources everything from overseas and relies on volume sales. I have no experience with their attachments (I will likely order forks from them), but I do have a lot of their fitness products. They fall into the functional but ugly category, the welds are pretty ugly, the paint isn't great, but it works.
So, this southern live oak is tough stuff...
I filled out the warranty form today. I'll post up what transpires. I am trying to weld it in the mean time. I hope it holds, but am doubtful. After all, look what this wood did to one of the 4 way split wings. Maybe I should cut it shorter
No but I purchased a hay spear skidsteer attachment from them. It is really well made but I had a issue with the area where the locking pins connect. Was not a big deal to correct.
I've purchased a few things from them, Excellent prices, and super low shipping. When they ship to me in Seattle, I pick it up at the freight yard. Customer Service is not great. The product I'm sure is imported, but we have been impressed with the thickness of steel material and good welding. Most of the time we are adding to the item, such as D-rings, brackets, etc.
Steel can be suspect. Some of the stuff is fine, other stuff you need to be prepared to weld and repair.
bought forks and a mechanical thumb, steel quality is hot rolled but overall, things have held up decently well.
My warranty claim was approved 12/4 but I have yet to receive the new parts.
I have a grapple bucket of theirs, no complaints from me. I here they are great with warranties. Had a buddy that ruined a thumb, they shipped a new one with no issue.
I found this thread because I was contemplating buying a three point hitch plate for my skid loader. The info found in this thread was a common consensuses with other sources. They are not a 100% flawless product, but they are functional. I ordered one and I'm excited to give it a try / review. Might even adapt my three point backhoe attachment to it (with possible other mods). I would also like to give the boom pole a try. It might not have enough counterweight to pick heavy items. I hope to build a homemade auger attachment for it too. So many ideas!
This is a Titan three point attachment I use to move trailers and such out of the way for mowing. Pretty well built and cheaper than I could have built it for: I want to say it was $61.00 and free shipping from ebay. It's pretty well built and the welds are good. I tend to overbuild everything so this appeared "flimsy" when I removed it from it's shipping carton but it works well for what I use it for.
Looks like a handy attachment! I was in the same boat. I think the material to build the unit I purchased would cost more than the complete unit. I hope it latches on my skid loader tool plate nicely.
I bought the fork frame with the hitch. It isn’t a bad attachment but could be better. The mounting surface’s for the quick attach and forks are parallel, so they don’t roll back much down low. I also bent the bottom rail(where the fork hooks) fairly easily I think. Granted I have 6ft forks on it, overall they work just fine for our purpose.
I found the load limit for my attachment. Don't pick up heavy things with a boom pole! It worked great for the engine pick, but not so much for anything heavier. I will have to straighten and reinforce the top flange of my unit.
Update on the Titan 3 point hitch skid loader adapter plate. I attempted to straighten the unit to no avail. Ultimately I am disappointed as it has a design flaw on the top edge of the plate. The center link pulls in the middle while it's only supported on the ends of the main plate. Still my fault it originally bent from overloading, but I'm disappointed as more research revealed this as a common problem. After attempting to use the item again, and having it fall off the front of the loader under load, it has been downgraded to the sell or scrap pile. Attempted repair / load drop:
Yeaaah, that might be a little outside the working load limits!
You are pulling on the top edge of the plate where their is not proper reinforcement to the design for the action. These things work fantastic if used within design parameters which is more of a "pushing" scenario. You needed something with a 2" square 1/4" wall square tube across the top for the upper boom anchorage point to mount to to preclude the bending of the plate. I've replaced several quick tach couplers on skid steers over the years as they wear but a deficient design, (as much of this chinese crap is) is loose to start with and exacerbates the problem right out of the gate. Many times I have welded a strip of 1/8" steel to the underside of the upper angle the quick tach mounts fit into to compensate for both wear, and insufficient design criteria to make it usable and stay on the machine. Glad nobody got hurt.
It picked the engine in the pictures shown above without any issues. It was the next pick attempt after that damaged the unit. I tried to pick up a fork lift mast carriage. I took the heavy bend out of the adapter plate in the video to use it on the fifth wheel plate (~same weight as the engine shown above, give or take a little). It should be able to pick that amount without any issue, but something else must have bent on the unit. I agree it needs more reinforcement / fiddling. I am going to sell it and build my own unit. Now It's tainted. Had I looked more closely at the reviews available several people have experienced the same issue. The last video I watched on one was pushed in; bent in the opposite direction. It fell off his loader tractor.
Falling from the tractor or mount is very bad. You could try welding a spacer in the underside of the upper mount as I've done several times but that thing is not any kind of safe for use as is. I've seen worn out couplers be culprit also so the total mounting scenario needs evaluated. Usually when these things will not remain latched onto the coupler, the coupler is also bent meaning one mounting pad is not in line with the other as they usually bend/twist when such a load is impressed unequally on the coupler. Seen several Case, and Bobcat couplers bent twisted from the operator not getting both sides latched into the implement they wish to use. That is usually being in a hurry however and complacency is a player.
Lol. Chinese junk.
The quick attach plate on the skid loader needs rebuilt, but the other attachments work just fine. The old beat up material bucket stays on and the new auger I built fits like a glove. I think the key is fitting the plate directly to the skid loader. I performed this operation on the auger plate and it fits very nice! When I build the pallet fork assembly I plan to custom fit it as well. End of the day the purchased three point plate contains a major design flaw since it isn't supported on the top edge. As noted it is CCS.... Cheap Chinese Poopy I won't fall for this trickery again.