Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TK TL230 Quick Attach Busted.

Mark13 ยท 2013-08-14 23:05

I have a Takeuchi TL230 with the hydraulic quick attach. It went from working perfect to nothing. I pulled the switch apart and a couple connections and cleaned them out and there was no corrosion. When I push the switch to either lock or unlock the pins nothing happens. No solenoid click, no rpm change, the switch might as well be disconnected. I don't have a service manual for my machine, just the owners manual and it's less then helpful. Does anyone have a place to start looking besides chasing wires all over and making a huge project out to this?

Replies4
  1. #1Lil' Puss2013-08-14 23:19

    I would start at the relay for the solenoid valve for that hydraulic circuit. Sounds like a broken or disconnected wire. A parts manual would be a big help too because of exploded views.

  2. #2Mark132013-08-15 20:41

    I found an online version of the service manual. 397 pages of everything I need to know, not one page about the hydraulic quick attach though. A friend has a TL140 and had the same problem and his was a solenoid but mine isn't located where he said his was at. He told me flip the cab up and look right behind where your feet would go and you'll see it. I have nothing there, two pumps and a lot of hoses but that's it. There is two relays on the left hand side of the frame kinda under the box for the right joystick but that's all I see. I checked those, flipped them to see if I gained/lost a function but I notice no change. Edit. I just realized the free manual I found last night was the parts manual. Not the service manual, no wonder it didn't tell me crap.

  3. #3mikebramel2013-08-15 21:24

    You have power to the switch and nothing out??

  4. #4Mark132013-08-15 22:04

    I checked it with a multimeter and I had nothing at the switch but I'm going to recheck tomorrow. I had it running with the cab up but I don't think I had the safety bar flipped down.