Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL 150 engine (yanmar 4TNV106T-XTBL)

Seans problems ยท 2020-12-18 15:13

Hi everyone, I have a TL150 with the yanmar 4TNV106T-XTBL engine in it. It dropped a valve and blew up the head and I pulled the block to have it sleeved because of some scoring and there was a crack on the cylinder wall, it's bad enough that sleeving probably won't help it. I found another yanmar engine that might work but it looks like this one was for a generator or something. It is a 4TNV106T-GGEA. Does that change anything besides the bellhousing? This one is about $4,000 cheaper and that would help quite a bit. Thanks for the help.

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2020-12-18 17:41

    Some generator engines come with a fixed speed precision governor, might want to check that. If so will be 1800, 2400, etc., some multiple of 60.

  2. #2Seans problems2020-12-18 17:48

    Thank you, I will try to find out through yanmar what the ratings are. The dealers around here are so/so.

  3. #3lantraxco2020-12-18 17:53

    I've dealt with these guys, not sure how they are these days, but used to be very helpful: Cascade Engine Center, LLC. 18435 Olympic Ave S., Seattle, WA 98188 Ph: (253) 867-2016 | Fx: (206) 764-3832 | www.cascadeengine.com

  4. #4Seans problems2020-12-18 17:54

    Awesome, thanks for all the help.

  5. #5heymccall2020-12-18 20:52

    Smartest Yanmar shop i know is Continental Engine in Greenville, SC. I've dealt with Bill Hollis there. They do all kinds of refit and he knows the inside and outs of Yanmars.

  6. #6Seans problems2020-12-21 08:50

    Thank you, I'll give them a shout.