Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tl 240 tracks

NWH ยท 2015-10-23 13:19

I have a new set of tracks for my Tak TL 240 that I need to install and was hoping someone could give me some advice and pointers on this project.

Replies1
  1. #1GaryHoff2015-10-24 00:45

    look at your new tracks and see if they are directional or not, so you don't put them on backwards. Release your track tension. I normally lift the front of the machine up a little with the bucket, and lift the rear with a bottle jack. Put a large pin in the track, over the front idler, and drive it ahead until the pin is over the front of the idler. Then pry the track off. You may need a few pins. Pry the track off the sprocket, and it will fall off. Install using reverse order. It will be harder to install the new track, because its stiff, and not stretched yet. Tension your track. You will have to re-tension your new track several times.