i have tl130 that starts and kills after 15-20 seconds. what circuits are involved?
Fuel is good? Fuel Filter is new? Water separator emptied? Radiator fluid and overflow level good? oil level good? Does it stall out, or cut off?
Thanks for the reply Starts right up runs about 15 seconds then kills. turn the key off restarts same cycle repeats. I monitored voltage at fuel shutdown solenoid loses voltage when it kills. When the machine was new it would kill when backing down trailer. That was the sensor in radiator. Just grounded the wire. That was many years ago. So what i am trying to get info on how that shut down system works, coolant level, oil pressure , what else. That's why I thing it is something with the shutdown system.
I agree, that's a good place to look. Check grounds, relays, sensors, harness continuity, ignition switch, Inlet elbow (gets clogged) at the water separator, controller....
more info. I checked voltage at what i think is the shutdown relay. 10ga yellow always hot 10ga white momentarily hot when key is first turned to on position 14ga yellow Key on engine off , running hot 14ga red/white Key on engine off , running hot shutdown solenoid black ground? red/white key on/running hot yellow key on/running 0 volts What is the yellow for?
I guess a a better is what conditions must be met to keep fuel shut solenoid energized?
1st, when started, are all the warning lamps out? 2nd, unplug stop solenoid. With ohmmeter, measure white to black, then red to black on stop solenoid. Convey readings here. 3rd, disconnect the wire you grounded years ago and start machine. Does a warning light stay active?
heymccall thanks for replying. when started oil pressure /coolant level blinking fast same if i disconnect coolant sensor ground. white to black .06 red to black 20.02
Is my thinking correct? the timer provides power to stop solenoid for x number of seconds. if the hold wire has no power when the timer times out the solenoid is de entergized? since it does run the timer as well as the stop solenoid are ok it looks like the hold wire is powered by the emergency relay which gets is signal from cluster? so how to trouble that? Thanks
Could be a failed hold coil in the stop solenoid. but, since the coolant/ oil light is blinking you know the shutdown system is not happy. As heymccall said, double check the coolant sensor wire and ground, and also carefully check oil pressure sensor and wire.
The yellow is for the pull in coil. The red/white is for the hold coil. What are the OHMs for the shut down coil itself. Should be 5 or 6 OHMS on yellow to black and 20+ OHMS on Red/White to Black, this confirms coils are good. Have you checked your ignition fuse?
Thanks guys for the tips? I pulled the relays off panel to test, everything looked ok. I started the machine no lights no kill. Cool. Went to attached panel to frame - light flashing Killed. tapped emergency relay started no lights no kill. tap again light flashing - killed. tap again restart fine. Emergency relay bad,or cold solder joint. Thanks Again for the help.
That's where I was going next. "Triple relay" and "solder" under ctl section should get you there.
When I saw the thread I thought someone was killed by a TL130. Not a common term for the engine quitting or dying.
Update I replaced triple relay (new OEM). Same problem runs for about 15 seconds the shuts down. Got panel from a working machine - same problem. Cray thing if I only plug in 1 of the connectors on panel it won't start but if I plugin the other and unplug the first it will keep running, but no gauges. Where do I go next?
Gonna have to really think about this one. Does the warning light stay on like before, after lamp check and start up?
Then it sounds like your original thoughts, about some safety feature is shutting the engine down.
more findings while running for the few seconds (5) (pin a) yellow wire on detector 12v, (pin b) black wire on detector good Ground, (pin c) green wire on detector 8.5v (should it be 12v to keep relay closed ), (pin d) blue wire on detector 0v (pin d) blue wire coolant level sensor to bypass ground or open? does it come down to pin c . if it gets a ground it will open emergency relay by grounding pin 2 of emergency relay? it will keep running in bypass mode. does coolant temp sensor pay a role in emergency shutdown? I tried with coolant level sensor grounded and open. still shuts down I tried with oil pressure sensor plugged and unplugged. still shuts down I verified oil pressure sensor is 0 ohm to ground engine off, open engine running. I purchased the workshop manual - nothing about troubleshooting that circuit. Where do I go from here. Please help.
Yes, water temp switch can do shut down.
if I pull green wire from detector should keep running, right? Are Emergency Stop Relay 1 & 2 on the gauge cluster board?
Have you tried disconnecting the yellow w/blue tracer at the gooseneck.
Were you ever able to figure it out im having the same problems
Could not find problem. But pulled wire as shown does not kill any more. I think that by passes the shut system. Make sure oil pressure in good and watch for overheating. Be careful.