Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tl130 undercarriage inspection

artisanstone ยท 2015-06-26 11:20

Hey guys, I have a 2005 takeuchi tl130 500-something hours. I need a set of tracks for it, but my question is regarding how to determine condition of the undercarriage? The sprockets have a little wear, but difficult to even see. Are there supposed to be wear indicators? One of the rear idlers has a good sized dent, so I'm planning to replace. Bottom rollers, am I just looking to make sure they are not seized, or?? etc., etc. One concern is that it seems hard to fully inspect without removing tracks, and I would like to minimize down time. Any advice?

Replies2
  1. #1Huntoon2015-06-27 03:36

    You could measure the track pitch. It stretches over time and the sprocket corresponds. You'll have to compare that number to the original spec.

  2. #2PeterG2015-06-27 21:51

    I have a Tl130 too. Raise the whole machine up by using the bucket and a bottle jack in the rear and block. With the weight off the tracks they may droop in the middle a bit. See if you can turn the rollers by hand, and see if there is lot's of side to side play. You can also open the little grease panel door and release some grease out for more track slack. Then regrease back up to tension. I just replaced my sprockets and tracks.