I bought a TL230-2 with about 1300 hours on it with 2 bottom rollers with bad bearings and totally shot tracks. I replaced the 2 rollers with ebay parts and replaced the tracks with Dominion tracks and new sprockets from Prowler. Since then I have put about 12 hours on the machine and have lost the right track twice. The first time was within the first two hours on the new tracks and I was on a slope and I didn't realize the new tracks would loosen up so quickly so they got very loose. The second time I know they were tensioned properly because I had just checked them. Again I was on a slope. I realized today that I have a few more rollers with some play in the bearings that either just showed up or I wasn't able to see movement by hand. One roller will hardly even spin. So I decided I should replace the rest of the bottom rollers. I pulled it in to my shop to inspect the undercarriage closer and I noticed my two new rollers have huge grooves worn in them and it has cause the tips of the drive teeth to fold over causing a sharp edge. Like they weren't hardened. Pictures attached. Did I shoot myself in the foot getting ebay bottom rollers or did the other worn rollers cause the track to wear out the new ones prematurely? The front single idlers and the rear double idlers feel perfect. No bearing play at all. Another thing I noticed is the drive teeth on the tracks are about a half inch further apart than the original ones. The pitch is correct, but the distance between the teeth on the same link is wider. I pulled my old rollers out of the scrap pile and they will not sit down on the tracks because the tips hit the grooves made by the original tracks Should I have gone with all Takeuchi parts or are there aftermarket parts that are worth using? Should I start over and replace the entire undercarriage and tracks?
Welcome to the Forums CA! Glad to have you. Headed out the door at the moment and don't have time to look over the pics but sounds like something in the new parts you put on are either out of spec, not the right parts for the machine or really poor quality if that much wear happened in 12 hours.
The tracks are stamped with the correct size, and the rollers are supposed to fit my machine. I am in contact with the seller about the rollers. I am out of luck with the tracks since they were bought from an equipment auction, but I have spoken with the manufacturer and they said their tracks are designed to work with original parts.