I have been following the progress of operators with their new M series graders. There are things on the new M series that I do like: The "A' frame assembly and adjustments. Service points around the grader (not the position of the trans-filter housing). Access in and out of the cab. Low engine noise levels in the cab. Engine display and controls on B pillar. On the C7 models ease of access for valve lash adjustment. I will not list the things that I don't like because they have already been mentioned on other threads. Where does this leave me now, back where I was before I started this thread, back in my beloved "H" series 2. I trust caterpillar will put this current grader behind them. I only have this observation to make, the amount of time and effort they put into the "M' series, if they put the same amount of time and money into the "H" series they still would have been market leaders with a more accepted concept and a more marketable product. Regards WILDCAT
Loyalty ? Hello Wildcat , Loyalty is the word you mean to say . Yes, I am a stalwart Caterpillar man. Till now, with this M series grader ??? I have serious questions , ??? ......... No shotgun wedding for me either ! LOL
G'day Northart You are right the word is loyalty. But who is coming up to the plate? Volvo ,John deere? I will keep my ''H'' series 2 and in time I will modify the ''A'' frame and when ''C9'' needs reduilding I will modify it to ACERT specifications. If you can't buy better the word is ''MODIFY''. Regards WILDCAT