Anybody have any experience with the best way to get wood and other debri from my crushed concrete other than hand picking it. Heard of water float tanks but never seen one. Thanks in advance
I have tried blower/fans across conveyor belt it worked ok but did not have the time to fine tune/play with them. I have two picking stations on belts 1 man each. I have thought about float tank's but I think it would just be a head ache to deal with and the water would be a hole nother problem. we start picking from the time it comes in the gate til it goes back out. don't be afraid to turn the loads away
I figured it would be more trouble than its worth, do you have your picking station set up flat or on an incline.Took over the lease on an old recycling facility so I inherited a lot of material, and a lot of junk.
Iv'e got a 28x54 jaw that came from big city in dallas dumping on pan feeder to 72" belt then under a magnet then 90* onto a 48"belt (slight incline) that has a picking station with controls for all of this then onto 6X20 incline 3 deck screen to a short 30" belt onto 30" incline belt with picking station with controls for rest of plant that dumps into eagle 1000 impactor under another magnet then returning back to screen on 30"it all goes out on 30"X70 belt drops onto a thor 36"X150' telestacker it also has a small cross belt magnet to get those last few nail's and wire pieces. we are in a area with granite quarrys every couple miles so people don't what to see any wood,trash,or metal at all or they won't come back. we start pcking material as soon as its dumped out of truck's it's easier to pick that one piece before it gets to crusher than 100 after crusher. I have roll off dumpsters that we set out for concrete if they are to trashy I will just take them to landfill. the boys in dallas use flat deck screens and pick right off screen deck kinda loud but they seem to like it I can't do it like that with an incline screen. we feed plant with excavator so can pick the bigger stuff right there an see every thing going in plant. I feel for you inherting some body else's pile I have seen(and know where)some that I wouldn't want to have to deal with. I don't know your market if you could maybe set the trashy stuff to the side then crush as a fill material and sell it @ a reduced price the only worry with doing that is in my area they would forget what it was sold for and then say all your products is full of trash:Banghead fi its a lot of fine trash could you scalp it off @ your grizzly and sell it as a fill dirt not a concrete product
We get a lot of sticks and small stumps come in with our limestone, as it has been cleared from farming land. I have often thought about trying to float the wood from the rock, but at this stage, have not tried it. I was wondering if a screw sand washer might work, it is a fairly simple concept, all you would need is a reasonable water supply, but it should be able to be recycled. http://www.conecrushermanufacturer.com/product/sand-washer-core-making-machine.html http://www.jhtf.cn/en/pro_detail.asp?cp_id=16 The gravel would fall into the hopper, full of water, technically, the wood should float to the top and the gravel would fall through the water to the bottom, then picked up by the auger and taken out the top. Not only should the wood float out, but the gravel would be washed as well. If water was pumped to the hopper, allowing it to overflow, it should take the wood with it. The water could then flow through a mesh screen, taking the wood out, then go back into a holding tank, to be pumped through the hopper again. As I said, I have thought about this a lot, but have not tried it, maybe someone out there has experience with this equipment. RnR.
Yair . . . RocksRoses . Does that South Ausssie wood actually float? Most of the stuff I'm used to, particularly small stumps are denser than water or, at best,very neutral buoyancy . . . just curious that's all. Cheers
the trouble here is with water you open up a whole nother set of enviromental permitting issues and we have enough of big brothers already
Even if you had it in a closed system like RocksnRoses suggested? I would have thought it wouldn't be an issue until it came time to dispose of the water at the end?? Andrew
yes when the rock goes in the stock pile it will be draining and theres your run off
Ahhh.... I got it now! Andrew
don't know how you all do it but when we get crushed concrete for street base we want the fines in with it so if you washed it would that stay with it? Jerry
It usually does, Scrub, but now you've got my curiosity aroused, I'll put some gravel in water and see if it floats the bits of mallee stump out. I will get back to you on that one, Scrub. RnR.
Yair . . . RocksnRoses Nothing like a bit of scientific experimentation, we await the results with interest. Cheers.