Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

to small of pads for area or to soft of ground?

Dwan Hall ยท 2008-01-04 20:45

Something tells me this guy wasn't prepaired. I was on my way to the store when I seen this along side the road. At least he stoped before the door could not be opened. I checked back on it 1/2 hour later and it had sunk another 6" with no one around. Wounder ware it will be in the morning.

Replies8
  1. #1Dirtman20072008-01-04 20:59

    she's going down... What size machine is that Hitachi 160? Although the decals are probably 12" + under the mud Had one of our machine in a situation like that, our sank alittle more even, but stuck just as bad. not a very good feeling when sunset is only a couple hrs away It's time to call for some backup and get another excavator in hopfully on some logs or mats to prevent the rescue machine from the same result. Keep us updated on the removal! I guess the only good side is there is no standing water in the motor, I guess...

  2. #2Dwan Hall2008-01-04 21:16

    I think it around a 120 but not sure. The motor is under water because it is sinking in muskeg and the water table is about 6" below the surface. The outside temp is 24 degrees and falling. will be in the teens tonight. solid ground in front about 20 feet and a blacktop highway 20 feet to the machines left. I bet it will be removed by morning.

  3. #3Dirtman20072008-01-04 21:28

    looks like a long cold night for the owner It may still be froze there in the morning

  4. #4Orchard Ex2008-01-05 21:43

    It's like one of those movies where the guy is slowly sinking in quicksand...

  5. #5Dwan Hall2008-01-05 21:57

    Went back by today and someone has turned the house smashing in the side panel. There is an EX200 now on site to dig it out but it was broken. A machanic was working on the 200 and the 120 was running. I personaly would not want the viberation causing the machine to settle more nor would I have turned the house causing further damage.

  6. #6bobcat ron2008-01-06 11:21

    Hey at least the blade is facing out, not buried behind it.

  7. #7Red2008-01-06 14:09

    Was that off the Old Glacier highway? I might have to go see if they got it out yet.

  8. #8Dwan Hall2008-01-06 14:14

    Yes it was. Just out from DOT on the right (7.5 mile). Not sure who's machine it was because there were no personal markings on it but there was a CMI rental # on the side.