I just purchased an '06 deere 450J. First dozer that has been on our farm in 20 yrs. What do I need to look out for? It has 3200 hrs and just runs and moves around fantastically. Trying to clean up after a hurricane and drought over the last 4 yrs. What can I expect out of it as far as power? Thanks ahead of time.
It should be a fine little clean up machine for ya! They (in my opinion) are a little weaker the 450g's. But very fast and nimble machines. Just don't expect them to run/push like a 650 or 700. Also it will be good for pulling out other machines. What to look out for is always a loaded question with out being able to see the machine or knowing the background. Just be sure to take care of the machine ie keeping serviced, track sag, keeping belly pans clean, keeping rats out, not mixing different oils. With that little of hours, the machine "SHOULD" still be in very good shape!!
We have several dead trees, I'm hoping it will get them down easily. My dad thinks we need a bigger machine, but hopefully this one will work good for us.
Be careful pushing down dead trees. Be mindful of widow makers above, try not to use the edge of the blade, and obviously take it easy don't slam into the trees. Congratulations on the purchase and have fun!
Yes sir, I will, luckily it has sweeps and screens. I will use a hoe on the big ones.