Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Toolcat Aux hydraulic question

spitzair · 2020-02-14 00:28

Hello everyone, We got a Toolcat brand new at work last year but I never really ran it much myself until this last week. One thing I noticed when running attachments with continuous aux hydraulic flow is that the aux hydraulic flow drops off to pretty much zero for a second or two before picking back up when changing travel directions. Is this normal? Otherwise it’s actually a pretty nifty little unit.

Replies6
  1. #1dirtmonkey2020-02-27 07:33

    Not normal from my experience. High flow ? What attachment? Is the hydraulic tank full ? Are you running full throttle?

  2. #2spitzair2020-03-01 11:42

    Hydraulic tank is full, it is a high flow machine but running a standard flow snowblower or sweeper, does it with both. And yes running full throttle.

  3. #3dirtmonkey2020-03-01 12:20

    Hmm. Not sure what to tell you. Sorry. I run a sweeper and brushcat on mine and cant recall it slowing down.

  4. #4spitzair2020-03-05 00:39

    Yeah, no worries. It's not really an issue, just more an annoyance really...

  5. #5crewchief8882023-08-13 09:54

    drive belt slipping?

  6. #6spitzair2023-08-18 22:40

    Hmmmm maybe… I’ll look into that when I have a chance… we’ve kinda gotten used to it doing this by now…