Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Topcon 3DMC squared on a 700K or CAT Accugrade on a D6K2

Witt32 ยท 2013-06-07 18:22

D6K2 with CAT Accugrade or 700K with Topcon 3DMC squared machine control? Anyone have direct knowledge comparing a D6K2 with CAT Accugrade versus a 700K with Topcon 3DMC squared? We're trading a higher hour 700H which we used with a Topcon base and rover and a Agtek/Xybernaut indicate system. No complaints with the 700H but need a more efficient finishing combo for parking lots, ball fields, parks, etc. We're trying both right now. Accugrade seems that it may lose either radio connection or GPS signal quicker than the Topcon. Topcon seems to take 5' to figure out where it is when changing directions where Accugrade seems a little quicker. Suggestions either way?

Replies4
  1. #1Construct'O2013-06-07 21:48

    My one time experience with the two was that Trimble(accurgrade) was like your described Topcon. Everytime i changed direction it acted the same as you said.Turn the machine around to come back on the same pass and it was like it lose the siginal and would just dive into the ground when you hit the auto control. Topcon performed great on the D6R that day.I'm going with Topcon,got the stuff,just haven't had time to get it put on. Like has been said before depends on your dealer support.Good luck

  2. #2SVTSHELBYGT5002013-06-09 22:13

    We ordered and received first jd 700K dozer with factory installed integrated grade control (IGC) . My Topcon dealer installed the 3DMC2 system and had us up and running in 4 hrs. very happy with the whole package ! its very fast !

  3. #3racksntails2013-06-23 21:40

    I have never used the acugrade but I did put 300hrs on a 700K with the topcon system last year and enjoyed it. We have a 2 850K that we own and the 700K was a rental and a Volvo 340 with the topcon system and we enjoy it. Makes things much easier and quicker. Like I said I have only used the topcon system so that's all I can vouch for.

  4. #4Chad@SitechTR2013-07-08 14:49

    The D6K is a good dozer, but if you are going machine control, I'd do an ARO Cat D6N w/Trimble. You can also get a Deere dozer that is Trimble ready if that's the route you choose to go