We are running all Topcon, and one of our rigs is a cat 374d excavator. Has anyone heard of the Topcon system changing control files? I had it re-calibrated a couple months ago and it was in tolerance for a little bit but I noticed it would get further and further out of tolerance. after about 6-7 weeks I checked the control files and the N. and E. had been "adjusted" about a foot or two on all 6 points. The Topcon rep and I had noticed 3-4 of them had been changed when he was calibrating, and I chalked it up to operator error. Now all the points match but it is still off a foot +/- horizontal and a foot vert. Any ideas would be helpful. For the record after it was calibrated it was still off 6 feet horizontal... I corrected the control points and it hit within a tenth. This second time I corrected the control points the horizontal was within a tenth but the vertical was off a foot.
Topcon newbey here so not much help.If your rep did his job then and it was still off 6 ft then he didn't get it calibrated right sounds like.Did any of your reciever mast get moved to cause the vertical to be off a foot. Are you using just USA sat,or also Glosnass sat.Who know if using the Russian sat maybe they are messing with us???????
at this point I'm beginning to think they are!! The Topcon guy set up his on base and own plane to check it and swears all the sensors are working correctly.
your gps base needs restarted (right)to know where it is is in the world see if that helps.. might just need to adjust antenna height... but hey im no pro its just what I know
I have had this problem with System 5 and also with 3dmc squared. Sometimes the control file will get contaminated with other data. Our dealer rep doesn't know why and neither does the lab technician that trouble shoots problems for him, all they have are theories. But the simple solution for this is, to erase the control file, on the machine that has the problem, and reload it from a memory stick. Do not just adjust the values of the control points, but instead erase the entire control file, otherwise the contaminated data is still there. This has fixed the problem every time for me. Another thing that can happen, is the memory in the base can get "overloaded" for lack of a better term. I make sure that the memory in the base is cleared every day or two to avoid this. If you have a Topcon Hiper II, you will need Topcon Utility Receiver software, in your data collector, to erase the memory in the field. If none of these fix the problem review the sequence of calibration of the machine, this is critical for the thing to function correctly.